Author Topic: market drayton in cheshire ??  (Read 3918 times)

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
market drayton in cheshire ??
« on: Thursday 02 September 04 18:41 BST (UK) »
 in the listing, on the top of the page for cheshire, all the places are listed , but amongst them is market drayton,  market drayton is in shropshire i  am sure . regards. nora ??? :-\
i am researching the timmis family salop. staffs, and cheshire, also the culverwell family, congleton cheshire,and staffs.also jervis, jarvis, staffs and wales,also reece, staffs and dudley

Offline SS from The Rhondda

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: market drayton in cheshire ??
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 02 September 04 20:47 BST (UK) »
Market Drayton may be in Shropshire at present, but Market Drayton is entered under the 3 counties of Cheshire, Staffordshire and Shropshire for the 1837-1930 Registration Districts...

As towns migrate between counties as county boundaries change, it seems wise to stick to the 19th century county names and boundaries... After all that is where most of our research is done...

Link: http://www.fhsc.org.uk/genuki/REG/index.htm

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: market drayton in cheshire ??
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 02 September 04 21:01 BST (UK) »
Hello, ss rhonodda,  i did not know this, but it will be very useful  to me as all my research is in those  3 counties,as my brick wall james timmis  was married in  whitmore staffordshire,in 1784, had his son george baptised at audlem in cheshire in 1786, then the family all seem to migrate  to woodseaves and market drayton, shropshire. so thanks for putting me right. regards nora T
i am researching the timmis family salop. staffs, and cheshire, also the culverwell family, congleton cheshire,and staffs.also jervis, jarvis, staffs and wales,also reece, staffs and dudley