Author Topic: advice please!  (Read 1426 times)

Offline bevjane

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
advice please!
« on: Sunday 20 November 05 20:35 GMT (UK) »
my mums uncle was  called harry fry. he lived n the eastend, but moved to south africa when i was a small child. sometime early 70's i think. my mum says that he invented shatterproof glass, he was a scientist, but she doesnt remember any more, and all the relations that could answer questions have unfortunately passed away. could anyone help? i am aware that he wont be on the census as he was born between 1908 and 1914  i think!

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline dennford

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: advice please!
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 20 November 05 21:43 GMT (UK) »
It seems, that a frenchman called eduard Benedictus Invented shatterproof glass.   see http://www.courier-journal.com/foryourinfo/021802/021802.html
Mind you as with many claims I would verify it before taking that as Gospell
Ford, Baines, Dixon, Platts, Peat, Proctor, Rotherforth, Dakin/Daykin, Sales, Beech, Hall, Parkin, Nightingale. ----- Harthill, Waleswood, Woodhouse-mill, Whitwell

South Yorkshire/Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire

Torremocha, Candog, Ramos, Reyes, Rodrigueus
-------Philippines --- Bohol

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.