Author Topic: TYMON, All, (GOONS - 4131)  (Read 5440 times)

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
TYMON, All, (GOONS - 4131)
« on: Saturday 04 September 04 00:15 BST (UK) »
TYMON - One Name Study

One name study registered with the Guild of One Name Studies (Number 4131)

Does anyone have any information on any members of the Tymon (Timon) family.  I am interested in all occurences of the name.  See my website at www.tymon.org for more information.

I am particularly interested in discovering more about my gggg grandfather John Tymon who was born in about 1790 in Ireland (Roscommon or Sligo I think) and emigrated to Hull, England in the 1820s with his son also John.  His second son (my ggg grandfather) James was born about 1827 in Hull and he then moved to Scarborough on the East Coast of England in the 1840s and the family have been there since then.  I still live in Scarborough myself.

I have been researching the Tymon family name for about 15 years and have traced my own ancestors back to 18th Century Ireland.

My great great great great grandfather John Tymon was born in Ireland in around 1790.  His sons (John born in 1820 in Ireland and James, my great great great grandfather, born in 1827 in Hull, England) moved to Scarborough in the 1840s.  All the Scarborough Tymons are descended from James.  John seemed to disappear!  I have two possibilities for him but I can’t quite pin him down yet.

I have had no luck getting back past John (senior) so have widened my search to try and link the various branches of the Tymon family in the UK and abroad.  There are some in Wigan (Lancashire), Nottingham, Derby, Selby and a few others.  I have linked the Selby clan to the Scarborough branch but none of the others yet.

I have a lot of information on members of the Tymon family but would like to link the various branches together if possible.  Would love to hear from anyone interested in the name or with any information.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ticker

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: TYMON - One Name Study
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 07 October 04 19:29 BST (UK) »
I would also like to hear particularly from anyone with contacts or knowledge of the Wigan (Lancashire) Tymons.  I am sure I am pretty close to linking them up to my branch of the family - any help appreciated.

Offline Amy K

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Genealogy: Chasing your own tale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 23 October 04 09:37 BST (UK) »
Information contained within Census Lookups is Crown Copyright:  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ticker

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 23 October 04 09:44 BST (UK) »
Amy.  Thanks,  Yes I can see the map.  Very interesting.

From my limited knowledge of French, I think its saying that 1 Tymon was born in France between 1891 and 1915, but then again it could by asking where the nearest post office is!!  ;D

Thanks for keeping the Tymons in mind.

Regards

Shaun Tymon (Ticker)

Offline lorrainec

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Our sun worshipper!
    • View Profile
Re: TYMON, All, (GOONS - 4131)
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 13 April 13 02:21 BST (UK) »

Are you still interested in Tymons?
I have one ...