Author Topic: What goes where?  (Read 7186 times)

Offline Jacquie

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: What goes where?
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 04 September 04 17:47 BST (UK) »
Fitty what are the funny biscuits the Aussie eat. 

I use to get lost around the site at first until I worked it out,  thought sometime I forget where I have posted things.

Jacquie.
surnames researching:
Wolverhampton- Pearce Burt Crockett Cowley Dickinson Fisher Harris Spencer Owen
Dudley, Tipton, Brierley Hill - Fisher Cooper Pearson
Darlaston- Fisher

Norfolk- Pease Jewel Twite Holmstead Bird   Yorkshire- White Hawkin Pease
Kenilworth- Hammond

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Rooting through my Roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 04 September 04 17:54 BST (UK) »
LLarma's or somthing!..........i think they are made from Kangeroo milk <giggle>
---------------------------------------                    <br />                    (  @ @  )<br />-----------oOOo-(_)-oOOo---------<br /><br />       Any one seen any BAXENDALES?<br /><br />--------oooO---------------Oooo-------<br />           (    )                    (    )<br />            \\\\  (                      )  /<br />             \\\\_)                    (_/<br /><br />Brighouse:  Smith<br />Lambeth: Clisby<br />Leeds: Baxendale,Baxter, Beales,Bowe

Offline Gardener

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 04 September 04 18:19 BST (UK) »
They eat Anzac biscuits too which reminds me.....
Years ago I had an Australian friend (lost touch now, foreigners usually don't stay long in Iceland) and she made this huge deal about Anzac Day, said her father always took the kids into town for it,  aand I'd never heard of it before.  Anyway, last year I found out that my Grandfather was at Gallipolli which is one of the main reasons for Anzac Day isn't it? Expect that some one will put me right on that. I've learned so much while doing this family history :)
Rose (Black Country),Downs (Black Country),Wolloxall (any and all),Bark (Derbyshire),Wright (Derbyshire),Marsden (Derbyshire), Wallace (Black Country)

All census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 05 September 04 00:44 BST (UK) »
Thank you Kazza & co I will try and remember all that :)
If you have ever been to Australia which i have done a few times. They are the nicest poeple i have ever met i was ready to go again and then broke me arm :'( I was so looking forward to a few tinnies inbetween swatting the fly's ;D Don't knock em ;)
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline Jacquie

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 05 September 04 02:10 BST (UK) »
Hello Gardener,

Every ANZAC Day 25th April my husband takes our youngest to the city to watch the ANZAC parade. 
My husband's grandfather was in WWII and his father was in Vietnam.  His grandfather has since passed away but his father marches in the parade.

Lots of people go and watch and it reminds us of the men that gave their lives to protect us. 

Most of the school over here also have an ANZAC service so the children learn about ANZAC Day. 

"ANZAC Day is our day of the year we march our march we drink our beer"

The rest I can't put down because it says something about the  Americans, Japanese, English, French and the Germans, and might not get past census.

We have our Anzac biscuits, our lamingtons, our pavlova and our bar-be-cues but most of all we have warm weather.

Regards Jacquie. 

surnames researching:
Wolverhampton- Pearce Burt Crockett Cowley Dickinson Fisher Harris Spencer Owen
Dudley, Tipton, Brierley Hill - Fisher Cooper Pearson
Darlaston- Fisher

Norfolk- Pease Jewel Twite Holmstead Bird   Yorkshire- White Hawkin Pease
Kenilworth- Hammond

Offline Darcy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Searching for little needles in big haystacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 05 September 04 02:54 BST (UK) »
celia - you are a woman of impeccable taste! ;D ;D

Fitty lesson #3 on Lamingtons - small squares of sponge cake, covered in cream and rolled in cocoa and coconut. When I turn up on your doorstep some day I will have a box under my arm 8)

Gardener I can't imagine an Aussie in Iceland ::) I nearly died of cold one November in Ireland.

Jacquie - Onya cobber! ;)

Aaron
Fisher, Pitts, Lucas, Emmit, Keal, Bennett, Maddock, Jackson, Pidd, Lincolnshire <br />Bullock, Read, White, Gloucestershire.<br />Shepherd, Foyle, Crowter, Green, Wiltshire<br />Strickland, Fisher, Butterworth, Brown, Northhamptonshire<br />Shepherd, Bullock, Waterhouse, Lancashire
Fisher, Goodwin, Rutland
<br /><br /><br /> Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 05 September 04 03:16 BST (UK) »
Aaron,

I always wondered about your Lamb biscuits,  now what are Anzac biccies?

BTW,  did you know Biscuits are one of the 4 major food groups,  the others being Wine,  Chocolate and Ice-cream. ;D

Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.

Offline Darcy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Searching for little needles in big haystacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 05 September 04 04:20 BST (UK) »
Kazza - I am in danger of turning into 'The Galloping Gourmet" here ;D ;D

The site below gives the receipe but ,more importantly, the history associated with the 'Diggers'

Fitty - get your apron on! :P If you want the receipe for lamingtons let me know - although you will be flat out getting fresh kangaroo milk :-*

www.diggerhistory.info/pages-food/anzac-biscuits.htm - 17k

Now, I'm a fan of Pavlova - none of this Aussie fare is low fat you will notice!

Aaron
Fisher, Pitts, Lucas, Emmit, Keal, Bennett, Maddock, Jackson, Pidd, Lincolnshire <br />Bullock, Read, White, Gloucestershire.<br />Shepherd, Foyle, Crowter, Green, Wiltshire<br />Strickland, Fisher, Butterworth, Brown, Northhamptonshire<br />Shepherd, Bullock, Waterhouse, Lancashire
Fisher, Goodwin, Rutland
<br /><br /><br /> Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 05 September 04 04:27 BST (UK) »
Aaron,

I love Pavlova too.   8)

Thanks for the recipe,  I am definately going to try it,  when I work out how to translate the amounts into either grammes or ounces,  we don't use cups,  they are a mystery to me.  Except for drinking coffee from of course.  :-*

Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.