Author Topic: Jennings  (Read 3471 times)

Offline Brian & Berni

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Jennings
« on: Thursday 24 November 05 12:57 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone help me find Bridget Jennings born in Mayo c.1865 parents possibly Patrick c.1836 & Mary  c.1841.
I have them on the 1871 census living in
Bell Street, North Shields, Northumberland, England. I would like to find out when they came over to England from Ireland and where they lived in Ireland.
Regards
Brian
Thompson, Jones, Robinson, Jackson, Reed, Edington, Watson, Chisholm, Murrey, Hall, Boggin-Northumberland.<br />Crass, Johnson, Watson-Durham<br />Bigley-Kent<br />Edington-Scotland<br />Jennings-Ireland

Offline Brian & Berni

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Jennings
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 01 December 05 21:11 GMT (UK) »
Sarah
why has my topic been moved to another board ???
Thompson, Jones, Robinson, Jackson, Reed, Edington, Watson, Chisholm, Murrey, Hall, Boggin-Northumberland.<br />Crass, Johnson, Watson-Durham<br />Bigley-Kent<br />Edington-Scotland<br />Jennings-Ireland

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 02 December 05 07:39 GMT (UK) »
Sarah
why has my topic been moved to another board ???

Brian,

This appears to be partly my fault.
 I sent this message to Sarah. It is confusing when messages are here there and everywhere. I spotted your message with no reply in Ireland General after I had posted a message to a growing Jennings thread. I thought I was seeing things. I back tracked to Mayo and there was your thread growing quite nicely. 

This is the copy of the letter to Sarah

Good Morning Sarah,

It is one filthy wet day here. What is the weather like at your end. I was planning to go to Belfast but I think I will stay in today and hope the weather clears. It is a pity as Thursday is a late opening night at the Central Library in Royal Avenue. However there are some things on the boards to keep me occupied. The first one is Jennings. I had just posted a reply, knew that the family came from there so looked and to my astonishment there were no replies. I did a RootsSearch and found them hiding in Ireland General. Please do the usual and link them into Mayo. You had better leave a message in Ireland general. There is no point upsetting the new Granny Saz who is still a bit emotional over the birth of a lovely new grand daughter

Cheers, Chris   

I hope this clarifies the situation Brian.

Best Wishes, Chris

Offline Brian & Berni

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 03 December 05 00:02 GMT (UK) »
Thats OK Chris
Just wondered what was happening :o
I still dont really know what I am looking for on them sites that you posted for me :-\

Offline Brian & Berni

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 03 December 05 00:40 GMT (UK) »
Chris
I didn't realise that I had the same post in a different board :-[ I am still new to this ???

Offline Brian & Berni

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 31 March 06 23:24 BST (UK) »
Ellen and Bridget were born either in or very near to Ballinrobe is this still in Mayo or somewhere else