Author Topic: How to get email notifications?  (Read 1149 times)

Offline terrypin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
How to get email notifications?
« on: Friday 25 November 05 14:29 GMT (UK) »
I'm confused about the settings I need to ensure I get emailed. I want to be notified when there is a reply in any thread in which I've participated. In other forums I use, it's a simple matter of checking an option something like "Get emailed automatically on replies". But in this one there seem to be settings for 'Boards' and 'Topics', yes?

In my profile I see this:

But if I go to say the Census Lookup and Resource Requests board and click the Notify button, I get a message saying 'Are you sure you wish to disable notification of new replies for this topic?' !

Could someone straighten me out on this please? I'm sure it's embarrassingly simple  ;)

--
Terry Pinnell, West Sussex, UK

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: How to get email notifications?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 25 November 05 14:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Terry

I think (!dangerous!) you automatically get notifications unless you disable them.  You need to do this for each post as you make it.

The bit about not getting notifications that you posted refers to BOARDS.  You might want to be notified every time someone posts on a board, and that looks like an opt-in.

So if you do nothing, you should be getting notifications of replies to your posts.  Let me know if this one doesn't arrive!  ;D

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline terrypin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: How to get email notifications?
« Reply #2 on: Friday 25 November 05 14:52 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Arranroots, appreciate that fast reply. OK, reckon I follow it now. Your post did generate an automatic email. What prompted my enquiry was that I thought an earlier one had not done so, but maybe I just missed it somehow.

--
Terry Pinnell, West Sussex, UK
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk