Author Topic: junk mail  (Read 2076 times)

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
junk mail
« on: Saturday 04 September 04 19:04 BST (UK) »
hi  all   i will have to keep checking my junk mail now, the last  roots chat notification , was put in my junk mail, also the e mail from lost cousins, with my password, also in  the junk mail, i tried lost  cousins when i saw it on roots chat , hot mail have never put roots chat in the junk before, i wonder whats going on . any way if i am late with any replies, that will be the reason.regards nora T
i am researching the timmis family salop. staffs, and cheshire, also the culverwell family, congleton cheshire,and staffs.also jervis, jarvis, staffs and wales,also reece, staffs and dudley

Online PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: junk mail
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 04 September 04 20:24 BST (UK) »

If you add the rootschat/ lostcousins/whatever  sender address to your address book, then they should be recognised as legitimate mails, and directed to your inbox.

Pauline
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline Frances

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Henry & Alexandra Burr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 04 September 04 20:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Nora,
I have had the same problem as you. In my case it seems that any address not in my safe list now goes to the junk mail folder.
Have solved it by going to the Hotmail page and clicking on the
"not junk mail". It is then transfered onto your safe list then future messages should once again go to your in box. Hope this works for you. Kind Regards, Frances
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

-------------------------------------------------- 
Hope/Buckinghamshire    Palmer Cambridge
Hope/Camberwell            Palmer Essex  
Bolton/Camberwell           Emery Potton Bedfordshire
DeBoo/ Poplar/Anywhere           
Oliver /Chatteris, Cambs.   
Redkison/ Anywhere          
Carter Bedfordshire
Bernard/Stepney
Lawrence/Colchester Essex 
Carter/ Leytonstone
Bones/ Essex
Tullett/ Surrey/Essex

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 04 September 04 20:53 BST (UK) »
hi frances, and pauline, thanks for the replies, and i will do what  you advise, must go now i have noticed i have 1 junk mail, must check , regards nora T
i am researching the timmis family salop. staffs, and cheshire, also the culverwell family, congleton cheshire,and staffs.also jervis, jarvis, staffs and wales,also reece, staffs and dudley