Author Topic: Stock, Fazakerley, Taylor surnames, Liverpool area, 1750-1830  (Read 3273 times)

Offline Penny55

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Stock, Fazakerley, Taylor surnames, Liverpool area, 1750-1830
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 04 April 19 15:12 BST (UK) »
Hi, my name is Penny, this family is also my family. Thomas Fazackerley born 1840 married Jane Prenton, they are my 3x Grt Grandparents; his father John Fazackerley b 1791 - d 1875 m. Mary Ashcroft is my 4x, and Edward Fazackerley m. Mary Taylor, my 5x grt grandparents.

Thomas died young aged 27 in 1867, he didn't have any daughters, so Alice and Mary were not his children, but John his father had a brother called Thomas who married Agnes Barlow, they had daughters named Mary and Alice.

Grace Fazackerley b 1796, the sister of John and daughter of Edward and Mary, married James Stock. Grace, the daughter of John Fazackerley and Mary Ashcroft, sister to my Thomas, jointed a nunnery.

James Stock is the brother of John Stock who married Dorothy Bullen, also the brother of Catherine who married Richard Haskayne, and the brother Peter and who married Margaret Hearsnep etc.

Maybe that is where the confusion has been. James Stock the son of Dorothy is with his mother in the census, he is not the one who marries Grace Fazackerley, his Uncle James marries Grace.

I hope this helps. It has really helped me with the Taylor line and putting together the Stock family line. It has been with this info here that I have just pieced it together.

Kind Regards Penny

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.