Author Topic: john roberts - royal welsh harpist  (Read 14350 times)

Offline Helented

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: john roberts - royal welsh harpist
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 30 November 10 03:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi thank you for your message it was great to hear from you. It would be great to compare family trees with you but it may be a while as my husband is recovering from a broken hip so things are pretty manic at the moment. Reuben France Roberts If my records are right was twin brother with James England and his union with Ellen Wood and Mary Lizzie Griffiths produced fourteen children. I look forward to hearing from you.  :)

Offline Soy Yo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 30 November 10 05:01 GMT (UK) »

Offline jr1225

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 21 February 11 17:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi,  If you are still looking and interested, I'm John Roberts g.g.g.grandson and have inherited his name but not a lot else when it comes to music. Let me know if you want more detail re the family and how the wood/roberts family came to be

Offline gouldian5608

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 06 January 12 08:34 GMT (UK) »
Hello John Ashley, I hope you do not mind me contacting you. My husband Ted and myself Helen Davies are looking up my husband family tree. We know very little about his mother's ancestry apart from the fact that his mother Esther Florence R Baker was brought up by her maternal grandparents. The only name we have at the moment is Roberts. My husband also remembers a Maldwyn and a connection to John Roberts the Royal Welsh Harpist. We have however got a birth date of 1816 (from the National Library of Wales). They have information their about John Roberts and states he is the father of Maldwyn Roberts. I was wondering if you found out what your connection to John Roberts is because there could be a link between you and my husband. I look forward to hearing back from you. Thanks- Helen Davies

Offline gouldian5608

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 06 January 12 08:58 GMT (UK) »
I am researching my ancestors and just found out today that one of my possible ancestors Eliza Davies married John Lewis Roberts in 1900 in Radnorshire.  I am seeking more information on Eliza's side of the family e.g., siblings, etc and their children.
Eliza's parents Thomas and Esther Davies appear in the 1911 Census as having a grandchild with them by the name of Esther Baker.  (Esther Baker is listed as being born in London)

Offline sue wood griffiths

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 26 April 12 18:10 BST (UK) »
Hi, not sure if anyone can help me, but i am also trying to establish a link to Abram Wood.
My father-in-laws grandmother was Ellen Wood (elinor) who married Thomas Roberts LLandwrog.
Ellen was the daughter of Thomas Wood Rhydygro Llanefryl.

i am having a problem linking this to Abrams tree. I have recently found the following, Ellen's father was Thomas bn 1803 Pentrych. His father was Thomas (bn 1761) married to Jaun/Jane Bebb. His father was Abram born 1722
married Mary Powel, and his father was Edward Wood married to Elizabeth Evans.

Does anyone know if this fits in anywhere, as the family has always maintained the link.

thanks
Sue

Offline Jamie Fuller

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 09 December 18 15:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi would anyone have any info on the Edwards family that was connected to the woods thanks!