Author Topic: Parish Records for Britford 1822  (Read 14541 times)

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gwell Angau na Chywilydd - Mametz Wood 1916
    • View Profile
Re: Parish Records for Britford 1822
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 24 August 05 16:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Karenn,

Here I am again!   Could find no North marriages 1750 to 58 in Woodford or the 7 parishes bordering it.   Can look farther afield another time.   However here are some baptisms for Woodford
Parents Lawrence and Mary North
James 15 Jul 1758
Ann 1 Apr 1763

Parents James and Mary North
Jane born 2 Apr 1782, bap 19 May 1782
James 14 Dec 1783
William 17 May 1787
John 25 Apr 1790
Ann 6 Mar 1804

No marriage found for James and Charlotte North in Amesbury parish 1848.   Could have been Amesbury DISTRICT?

Baps of Children of William (Wheelwright) and Jane in Britford unless otherwise stated
Samuel Mar 1813 East Harnham
George 4 Jun 1815.........Buried 2 Jun 1816 age 15 mths
George 12 Oct 1817
Mary 15 May 1831......NO WIFE SHOWN

Burial Jane North 29 Jul 1829 W. Harnham age 42

Could find no marriage for William and Harriet - Children
Robert 7 Dec 1834           Harriet 27 Nov 1836

By 1841 children of both William and Jane North families were producing children

Hope this helps and clears up some points, cheers Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline Karenn

• RootsChat Member
  • The NORTH Crest
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 25 August 05 11:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave,
You have been busy! I have the children of James & Mary and Lawrence and Mary, but thanks for the confirmation.
I looked up the marriage again on Free BDM for James and Charlotte North and it says that it's Vol 8 page 481 in Amesbury. It also gives this information on Amesbury:

Created 1st July 1837.
Sub-districts : Amesbury; Orcheston; Winterbourne.
GRO volumes : VIII (1837-51); 5a (1852-1930).
Allington, Amesbury, Boscombe, Bulford, Cholderton, Durnford, Durrington, Figheldean, Idmiston, Maddington, Milston, Newton Tony, Orcheston, Rollestone, Shrewton, Tilshead, Wilsford cum Lake, Winterbourne Dauntsey, Winterbourne Earls, Winterbourne Gunner, Winterbourne Stoke, Woodford.

Does this mean that the marriage could have taken place in Orcheston or Winterbourne?

Thank you so much for trying the surrounding villages for my missing marriage of Lawrence and Mary.  I'm writing a book and I really would like to find them before I publish it in January 2006. So keep up the good work! But only if you have time.

Thanks again

Karenn :D
Durnford and  Woodford in Wiltshire, Leckford, Stockbridge and Basingstoke in Hampshire. North, Waters, Davis, Alsop/Sopp, Hayter, Harris, Dear, Dyke, Stride and Wright.

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 25 August 05 12:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Karenn,

The 1848 marriage could have taken place in any Parish in the District, that is any one from Allington to Woodford!   So they may have married in Woodford after all.

If I have time I'll look, but time is getting short 'cos in early September I disappear to warmer climes for 3 months ;D.

Cheers Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline Karenn

• RootsChat Member
  • The NORTH Crest
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 26 August 05 07:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave,
Don't wait time in Woodford.  I have looked through 2 Woodford films so I'm pretty certain their not there.

Thanks
Karenn :D
Durnford and  Woodford in Wiltshire, Leckford, Stockbridge and Basingstoke in Hampshire. North, Waters, Davis, Alsop/Sopp, Hayter, Harris, Dear, Dyke, Stride and Wright.

Offline Karenn

• RootsChat Member
  • The NORTH Crest
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 28 August 05 00:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave,
I have some information about your SA clan.
William and Jane had 5 children in Kapunda:

Frederick Hawke b 28/2/1875 died 6/3/1875,
Maria Carter Hawke b 17/8/1876,
William b 4/3/1870 died 14/5/1870 10 weeks old,
William 6/5/1871,
Thomas 16/11/1873.
There are 2 families of Hawke's living in Kapunda. Another William who died 6/1/1913 aged 64. This William also had lots of children.

Thomas marired Elizabeth Maude JACKA when he was 32 and Elizabeth was 31 on 19/9/1906. Elizabeth's father's name was Philip and they were married at the residence of Mrs P Jack in GIL (not sure what this is short for)

William married Martha Stone on 3/4/1905.  He was 33 and she was 31. Bride's father's name was Samuel Thomas Stone. They were married in the congregational church at HIN (not sure what this stands for).  They had a son named Wiliam b 8/12/1905 at Bordertown.

Couldn't find a death or marriage for Maria Carter Hawke but did find a marriage for a Maria Jane Hawke aged 19. She married a Peter JARRETT on 21/9/1881 aged 21 in the district of NOR. Peter's father's name was Robert and Maria father's name was William. They married at the home of William Hawke in Adelaide. They had 5 children: David Stanley 13/3/1890 in Uraidla, Hilda Rosetta 17/6/1885 in Uraidla, Louisa Catherine 28/10/1882 in Kensington, Mabel Adelaide 19/7/1887 in Carcys Gully and Stella Beatrice 10/9/1893 in Carcys Gully.

William and Thomas probably had more children but the SA records only go up to 1906 so I can't check for any others after that date.

Found Jane's death aged 74 at Prospect.

Hope this fills in a few more blanks.

Cheers
Karenn

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 31 August 05 16:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Karenn, many thanks for the Hawkes  ;)

I had a look through the various parishes starting with 'A'
Here they are
27 Nov 1848 by Banns in the Parish of Durnford, James North of full age, bach, miller, of Salterton, William North, Carpenter married Charlotte Sophia North of full age, sp, servant, of Durnford, James North, Shepherd.   According to the rites and ceremonies of the Church of England, RM Chetfield, Off. Minister.   Witnesses Briant North and Elizabeth Beauchasy.

Is it possible to look up another Hawke please.
John Hawke b. 7 Jun 1840, Kea, Cornwall married Mary Reece 4 Jun 1868, I presume in SA.   He died 12 Dec 1906, Kapunda, SA.   Any info on kids etc greatly appreciated.

Cheers Dave

Offline Karenn

• RootsChat Member
  • The NORTH Crest
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 01 September 05 12:13 BST (UK) »
Hello Dave,
You're blood's worth bottling as my mum would say! Briant is Charlotte's brother and being able to tie in William, the carpenter, as James' father confirms your former find.  Well done!

I'm going to order the Durnford film and see what else turns up! There is a William North marrying a Jane Smart in Durnford in 1810.

Would be happy to look up your John next time I'm at the library.

Thanks again,

Karenn ;D

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 01 September 05 20:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Karenn, glad to help  ;D.
I was not sure about the name Briant - the handwriting was a bit iffy.   As of next Wednesday I'm away from UK until early December, but I do check the web every week.   If there's any more I can do let me know later in the year.
Best of luck with Durnford.
Looking forward to the 'last of the Hawkes'
Cheers Dave

Offline Karenn

• RootsChat Member
  • The NORTH Crest
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 02 September 05 07:04 BST (UK) »
Have a great holiday!!!!!!!!!!