Author Topic: 1841 Census look-up please - Samuel RICHARDSON  (Read 13105 times)

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Census look-up please - Samuel RICHARDSON
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 12 January 06 13:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Maybe a Kent was not the father!! but Elizabeth may have been taken in by the Kent family following the death of her parents and she added Kent out of respect.

I would ask the Cheshire records office if there is a baptism for Flora in the St Michaels Middlewhich parish registers, as you have a birth date they will look through a couple of years for free,there is a link below with an email address in it.

Did the birth certificate have an address and who actually registered the birth ?

regards

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline Dea

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 12 January 06 14:15 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your suggestions Peter - I hadn't thought of the 'Kent' name being used in that way.

The birth was registered by Elizabeth Chesters, Mother, Yatehouse.

I will contact the Cheshire Records Office as you suggest and see if they can help (Thanks for the link).

I will have to look for another possible father now - perhaps it WAS Samuel, before they were married ??

Will keep you updated.

Many Thanks,

Dea

Offline peterbennett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 12 January 06 14:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Again

Forgot to mention that there is a will left by George Kent of Yatehouse,it may or may not help your cause, you can see it indexed at http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm

regards

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline Dea

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 12 January 06 15:28 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Peter,

I have been looking for that - I will go and buy it NOW!!!

I need to follow the Chesters family - I am convinced that George Kent's second wife was Ann Chesters - married between 1851 + 1861.

These Chesters are driving me loopy - they are all interlinked with each other but keep swapping children and changing wives, almost never die and rarely actually get married - some die but are never born and ALL of them breed like rabbits - in and out of their marriages.

I will sort them in the end though.

Thanks for your help yet again.

Dea

Offline peterbennett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 12 January 06 17:15 GMT (UK) »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D lol

We've all got a few of them

Offline Dea

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 15 January 06 15:41 GMT (UK) »
YES,  YES,  YES...........!!!!!

Marriage - George Kent to Ann Chesters - Manchester Cathedral - 23rd November, 1851. - I KNEW IT!!!!!

Also, The Will arrived. - George Kent - Brother in Law - Richard Chesters - Executors - Mary Downing (originally Chesters) + Stephen Chesters. - I feel more 'detective work' coming on!!

No mention oif Flora, but, I think she may have already died

Dea x

Offline Dea

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 19 January 06 22:24 GMT (UK) »
By the way,

John + Maria Richardson - parents of the Samuel I started off looking for.

Maria was Maria Percival.  This is another family which constantly intertwines.

I really MUST pay a visit to Byley cum Yatehouse - I mean no offence but judging by the way these families all intermingle- everyone in this village must all look the same as they are all inter-related.

Dea x

Offline CheshireSteve

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 02 October 15 15:57 BST (UK) »
I know this thread is a little old - but have just registered here and wanted to add my interest in the topics discussed as I am a descendant of Samuel Richardson, and have been working on the family tree. I haven't got a Thomas Richardson b1817 in the tree (as menioned by the OP), and it would seem unusual if he was related as it seems this branch of the Richardsons was called Hitchinson before 1829, so I would say any Richardson pre-dating 1829 must be a different family line.

Offline Dea

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 02 October 15 19:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your post.

It has been MANY years since I used this site and almost as many years since I have looked at this branch on my tree but I am ver happy to re-open it !

I am a little at a loss at the moment as I have recently got a new computer and all the contents of my old computer are still on a back-up download on an external disc drive which I had to hurredly do as my last PC was about to 'die' - It did so soon after I completed the download.

As I am not very technical I have not yet worked out how to transfer all the info from the external drive which seems to be in zipped files onto my new machine so I have nothing I can look at to see any info on this family.

I know that it is my husband's side of the family which goes back via the Hicktons to the Richardsons.  I remember there was a mention of then being Hitchinson in the past.

I will try to get access to this over the weekend so I can give you some detail as I have LOADS  which I am more than happy to share.

If all else fails, I have files full of written notes and info which I can try to piece together.

How are you related to Samuel Richardson please?

Dea x