Author Topic: Daniel LLewellyn 1901  (Read 1041 times)

Offline eirwen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Daniel LLewellyn 1901
« on: Wednesday 07 December 05 14:37 GMT (UK) »
I have the burial of a Daniel LLewellyn in May 1904 when he was 69 years old. The place given as to where he died was The Mill  , Pontypridd. This is all I have. From this information is it possible if a lister can locate this place and inform me if Daniel LLewellyn was living there in 1901 and what his occupation was.,and if possible where he was born.Thankyou Alun.

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel LLewellyn 1901
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 07 December 05 15:33 GMT (UK) »
There are very few David Llewellyns in the region of Pontypridd.  One is a boarder born 1832 living Eglwysilan and the other married with children born 1839 living Ystradyfodwg.  Neither places are called The Mill.

Did you know that you can do an address search on the 1901 census although it may not turn up The Mill, I don't know if it's just street names.  http://www.1901census.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

How is it all you know about David Llewellyn is his address and age?  How is he related to you? who registered the death and what was their address?

Mary
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 07 December 05 15:44 GMT (UK) »
I'm sorry to tell you that I was just going to browse through the streets of Pontypridd and wondered why there were so many unnamed people listed in the index, so I opened a scan and unfortunately it would appear that there are quite a number of pages which have been torn through the middle and some even down both sides of the page.

Ooops that was the 1881, which I was looking at in case The Mill was mentioned.  You can do an address search on the 1881 census at www.ancestry.com, you just can't see the original unless you have a subscription.

Mary
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline eirwen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 07 December 05 21:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mary  I have the internment entry for Daniel LLewellyn for     May 1904 in Glyntaff cemetery. All it said was that he was living in The Mill .Pontypridd. Alun.

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 07 December 05 21:58 GMT (UK) »
I think burial details are a little different from the death registration.  You might find that a family member registered the death if you obtained the certificate, there might be fuller address information also.

I can only suggest then that you try the National Archives site for the 1901 census which has an address search.

Do remember that whoever gives the age details is not the person themselves, and mistakes over age can be easily made.

Mary

Offline SS from The Rhondda

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 07 December 05 22:40 GMT (UK) »
There is still a Mill Street in Pontypridd.
Looking at the 1885 map on http://www.old-maps.co.uk, there is a Rhondda Flour Mill located on Mill Street.
A little further north, there is Mill Race, Upper Mill ???? and Mill Field Villa.