Author Topic: 1891 or 1901 census help please. COMPLETED  (Read 5519 times)

Offline pettsy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1891 or 1901 census help please. COMPLETED
« on: Wednesday 07 December 05 17:47 GMT (UK) »
My great Grandfather Andrew Munn was born April 2nd 1894.
On his birth cert it states Newbard lands, Main Street, Duntocher.County of Dumbarton.

His parents were James Munn and Margaret Munn( nee McAulay) they were married July 27th 1883 in Kilmaronock.
James was a gardener.

I would love to find his parents on an earlier census, to see if he had any younger brothers and sisters.
And to find Andrew on the 1901 census.
He died in France in 1915.
I put a photo of him on the siletcities website.
So he can be remembered.

Can anyone help me? Thank you.

Pettsy  :D
Petts in Hertfordshire,Chelsea & New Zealand.<br />Swift in Islington, Chelsea &  Battersea.<br />Cox in Chelsea.<br />Carter in Chelsea.<br />Little in Westminster, London.<br />Munn & McAulay in Duntocher, Scotland.<br />
Munn New Jersey and Oz
Dwyer, McManus & Kiernan in Ireland.<br />Turner in Shrewsbury.<br />Cannon in London.<br />Porter in London.<br />Kinner in Chelsea, London.<br />Le Breton

Offline moscan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The next generation
    • View Profile
Re: 1891 or 1901 census help please.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 11 December 05 01:26 GMT (UK) »
1901 Census

James Munn aged 40 occupation Jobbing Gardener born in Dunbartonshire, Duntocher

Margaret Munn aged 38 wife born in Kilmarnanock Dunbartonshire

Daniel Munn aged 17 son born in Dunbartonshire Duntocher

John Munn aged 15 son born in Old Kilpatrick

Margaret Munn aged 13 Daughter born in Old Kilpatrick

James Munn aged 11 Son born in Duntocher

Walter Munn aged 9 Son born in Old Kilpatrick

Andrew Munn aged 6 Son born in Duntocher

Jessie Munn aged  4 Daughter born in Duntocher

In the 1891

James, Margaret, Daniel, Margaret and James living in Old Kilpatrick.

Hope that this helps

Mo
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br /><br />Researching: - Freear, Walker, Aston, Scanlan, Courtney, Lowth, O’Sulivan, McDonnell, Condon, McMahon, McKay, Brock, Gourlay, Busby<br /><br />Locations: - March in Cambridgeshire, Banbury in Oxfordshire, Mileham in Norfolk, Worcester, Evesham, Claines in Worcestershire, Birmingham. Dublin, Cork, Fermanagh in Ireland.  Glasgow, Stirling in Scotland

Offline pettsy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 11 December 05 10:20 GMT (UK) »
Mo that is fantastic thank you so much  ;)
Just telephoned my father, Andrew was his grandfather, he is so pleased.
And said to thank you.

If I want to view copies of the census and print them off I need to go to to Scotlands people. They used to do this at the RFC in London, but they don't no more  :'(
So I know I have the correct ones, can you tell me the REG numbers, and address's they were living at please.

I am going to send away for the marriage of his parents now. I already have Andrews birth and death.

Thanks once again Mo.  :)

Pettsy

Petts in Hertfordshire,Chelsea & New Zealand.<br />Swift in Islington, Chelsea &  Battersea.<br />Cox in Chelsea.<br />Carter in Chelsea.<br />Little in Westminster, London.<br />Munn & McAulay in Duntocher, Scotland.<br />
Munn New Jersey and Oz
Dwyer, McManus & Kiernan in Ireland.<br />Turner in Shrewsbury.<br />Cannon in London.<br />Porter in London.<br />Kinner in Chelsea, London.<br />Le Breton

Offline moscan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The next generation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 12 December 05 01:30 GMT (UK) »
The Number was :- MUNN, ANDREW Census 1901 501/00 006/00 014

and the address was 44 New Street, Old Kilpatrick ( parish of Duntocher

Glad to be of help..

Mo

All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br /><br />Researching: - Freear, Walker, Aston, Scanlan, Courtney, Lowth, O’Sulivan, McDonnell, Condon, McMahon, McKay, Brock, Gourlay, Busby<br /><br />Locations: - March in Cambridgeshire, Banbury in Oxfordshire, Mileham in Norfolk, Worcester, Evesham, Claines in Worcestershire, Birmingham. Dublin, Cork, Fermanagh in Ireland.  Glasgow, Stirling in Scotland

Offline Miss Poohs

• RootsChat Member
  • Beauty fades, dumb is forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 02 January 06 23:07 GMT (UK) »
 :o My husbands cousin is married to a Munn and they live in Duntocher, just up the road from New Street infact.

The husband is called Kenneth and I'm sure he has a brother called Alistaire ( I think) - long shot but unusual name.

Offline pettsy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 03 January 06 11:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Miss Poohs,
That would be great if they were from the same family of Munn's  ;)
I don't know nothing about the family living there today.
My great grandfather, Andrew Munn, was born in 1894, and he died in 1915 in France (WW1) and is buried in France, Bon Jean Military Cemetery.But he did have four brothers and two sisters.
His only child, my grandmother was born in 1916, after he was killed in the war.

His father, James Munn died in 1945.

I t would be great if there was a link.

I am coming up to visit Old Kilpatrick and Duntocher in April/May this year.

Are there lots of Munns in the area, or just one big family of Munns?
Thank you.

Pettsy.

Munn New Jersey and Oz

Offline Miss Poohs

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 03 January 06 13:11 GMT (UK) »
To be honest they are the only Munns I know of, but I don't know an awful lot about Kenny's family - except that I think his dad died recently - in the last 5 yrs of so.

Wouldn't it be something if there was a link there.

Where about's you headed to when you visit?

Offline pettsy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 03 January 06 16:04 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
We are planning to visit Duntocher and the Old Kilpatrick area.
Visit the parish where Andrews parents married, and where they lived etc........

If you get a chance to ask if they were related, I do have a photograph of Andrew Brown McAulay Munn in his uniform.

Pettsy
Munn New Jersey and Oz

Offline Miss Poohs

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 03 January 06 23:25 GMT (UK) »
Which church did they marry in?

The Trinity church is one of the main Church of Scotland ones for Duntocher, it's a lovely old church.

There's Old Kilpartrick Parish Church too, that's where our son was christened - it's beautiful - very traditional.

My son goes to Goldenhill primary school in Hargate, which just celebrated it's 50th birthday last year, it replaced the school damaged in the blitz years before.

If I get the chance I'll ask about the rellies.