Author Topic: PASCALL Family - Shropshire  (Read 24337 times)

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
Re: Pascall family - Shropshire
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 11 December 05 09:55 GMT (UK) »
William Pascall christened 5th January, 1811 Preston-on-the-Weald Moors, Shropshire.  Parents – Thomas Pascall and Sarah.

Thomas Pascall christened 1st February, 1807 Preston-on-the-Weald Moors, Shropshire.  Parents – Thomas Pascall and Sarah.

William Pascall married Sarah Wood 8th June, 1835 Eyton Upon the Weald Moors, Shropshire.

Thomas Paskall married Sarah Ellis 3rd November, 1798 Eyton Upon the Weald Moors, Shropshire.

There is a marriage for Lettisca Paschall to William Jerman 4th April, 1791 Eyton Upon the Weald Moors, Shropshire.  Could this be sister to Thomas and so aunt to your William?

On the IGI there are 2 christenings for a Thomas (Pascole 8th May, 1757 Wellington) and (Pascoll 2nd June, 1765) but there is a birth of Thomas Pascall about 1750 Wrockwardine, Shropshire which has been submitted – Since there is no evidence where this data came from it’s not something to take for true (nor of course are any of the other entries from the IGI which I’ve given in any of this thread, unless you check the parish registers and confirm for yourself) but it does mean that it is likely that during the time since Ooops I'm too used to typing in the 1800s, that should be 1991 somebody else has been looking for Pascalls in Wrockwardine too.

1851 Glass H Row, Wrockwardine Wood
Thomas Pascal Head M 44 Iron Stone Loader Salop Preston
Elizabeth Wife M 42 Yorkshire Leighton
Richard Thompson Nephew 7 Scholar Warwick Birmingham
HO107/1997 Wellington Ercall Magna Folio 595 Page 10

I wonder if anybody is able to look up this couple in the 1841 census?  Perhaps a separate request for it would be better please KittyKat.

To finalise I think, I have not had any luck with the older girls, Sarah, Margaret and Mary since the 1851 census.  There is a death for a Sarah in December qtr 1859 Newport S 6a 572 but there is no age given so there’s no certainty.

I can find no positive marriages that I’m able to trace forward but I’m sure somebody may be able to!!

If anybody has any more clues, or if you manage to get a look up for the 1841 request above for the Thomas I would believe is your William’s brother, then if you copy the information onto the bottom of this thread I will get notification that there has been another posting and so will take another look, otherwise I think I MAY have come to the end of what I can find, but I hope it’s been of some use to you.

I'm off to do some washing and ironing for a rest now  ;D ;D

Best wishes
Mary
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline 'Tricia

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Edith Gent Bowskill
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 11 December 05 15:09 GMT (UK) »
Over to you Tricia, get your thinking cap on.

It's your call, your show and your Oscar, baby

;)
Census transcriptions are Crown Copyright from www.NationalArchives.gov.uk
Nottinghamshire,Bulwell: Bowskill, Everley, Gent, Haywood, Houghton, Wilkinson.
Nottinghamshire, Mansfield:- Baxter
Buckinghamshire: Charlesworth, Fowler
Derbyshire:Brimington:- Adams, Baxter
London: Bird, Charlesworth, Coleman, Desmoulins, Everard, Jarman, Quinton, Richards
Italy: Gioffredi

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 11 December 05 15:16 GMT (UK) »
I would like to thank my computer without whom none of this would have been possible, and my mum for teaching me to type, and the Queen Mum just for being there, HRBH for finishing off a few points - now go find some others because I've left plenty of holes for you to fill in.

Mary
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline 'Tricia

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Edith Gent Bowskill
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 11 December 05 15:36 GMT (UK) »
Cut out the cackle and get on with it and less of the bl....y, if you don't mind.

Since you have already accepted the Oscar you can finish the job.
And, cut out the crocodile tears, this is serious business.

Tricia has left the building.......................................
London: Bird, Charlesworth, Coleman, Desmoulins, Everard, Jarman, Quinton, Richards

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 11 December 05 16:22 GMT (UK) »
Job done, Oscar accepted, the Star doesn't get her pinny on when she can  leave the cleaning up to the charwoman.  8)

::) ::) ;D ;D

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 11 December 05 16:53 GMT (UK) »
The History of Broad and Bottle Glass Production in East Shropshire makes mention of a Catherine Pascall who marries Thomas Webb, Clerk of Wrockwardine Wood Glasshouse, at Wrockwardine St Peters Church on 13th November, 1808.  They had three known children Anne, Mary and William - not directly related to yours as yet, but interesting to read about, keep the link on file, you may come across a connection to Catherine. 
http://www.broseley.org.uk/miscfiles/GlassHist.pdf

If you google you will also come across a Rootsweb posting by a John McLinden who lists Pascall of Wrockwardine Wood/Wellington as one of his surname interests.  This posting was in 2000.  Also one for somebody trying to trace "Decendants of Thomas PASCALL who married Jane DADICOT in 1770 at
Wrockwardine"

You can find reference to the Martha Gregory who married William Alfred Pascall, as mentioned by s.g.d. here http://www.denspages.co.uk/roots/histfr2.htm?patnam4.htm

You can see some of the 1891 Warwickshire census has been transcribed here http://www.hunimex.net/warwick/freecens/2411.html mention made of your John and Fanny.

A really interesting site, including pictures of Wrockwardine Wood and other places http://www.oakengates.com/

Mary

Offline Kittykat1898

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 11 December 05 19:30 GMT (UK) »
Well girls what can I say? I've only been away for 24 hours due to the work commitments of a late shift (from hell I hasten to add) yesterday and an early shift today. I've just stopped crying with laughter as I read your posts, I'm sure my husband thinks I've cracked up as I just sat here laughing at the screen when I saw your snipes at each other. Never mind I'm on a weeks annual leave now so I'll be here to referee the two of you.
I'll go through all the posts again now I've got rid of the tears and I can see again and add some quotes to some of them.
Thanks to both of you for all your help with this, I certainly have something to get my teeth into now.
Guest, Bowskill, Chadbourne, Johnson, Austin, Pascall, Bushell, Risdale, Street, Nott, Harford Sinkins, Preston and many others.

Offline 'Tricia

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Edith Gent Bowskill
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 11 December 05 19:32 GMT (UK) »
Sniping, Moi?? Never.

As I said, this is deadly serious.......................................

We do like to entertain the masses occaisonally - have you seen how many times the post has been viewed ;)

Tricia

Offline Kittykat1898

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 11 December 05 19:40 GMT (UK) »
Sniping, Moi?? Never.

As I said, this is deadly serious.......................................

We do like to entertain the masses occaisonally - have you seen how many times the post has been viewed ;)

Tricia
How do I do that? I've not worked this site out properly yet.
Guest, Bowskill, Chadbourne, Johnson, Austin, Pascall, Bushell, Risdale, Street, Nott, Harford Sinkins, Preston and many others.