Author Topic: Ellery or Glendenning Families N.Q.Ravenwood/Townsville Area  (Read 4297 times)

Offline mama

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Ellery or Glendenning Families N.Q.Ravenwood/Townsville Area
« on: Sunday 11 December 05 01:35 GMT (UK) »
Trying to trace Carolina Larsen a/k/ Lina who married either an Ellery or Glendenning. Had several children. One a daughter Maud.
Lina's sister Louisa married Edward Feltham another sister married Henry Malpass.
Mama
Botfield (Bethnal Green) Feltham (Corton Wilts) Shaw Sutcliffe Berry Hartley(Huddersfield) Larsen(Morup Swed.)

Offline CuriousDiana

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Ellery or Glendenning Families N.Q.Ravenwood/Townsville Area
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 11 December 05 04:10 GMT (UK) »
Try  http://www.whitepages.com.au.  click on "residential" and "Queensland" and "regional area"    Enter surname

You will find all those 4 names. Look for postcodes starting with 481  for the Townsville/Ravenswood area. Townsville has many suburbs.  You might write to some of the people you find listed, as they may well be related.

Offline mama

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 11 December 05 04:56 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou
Mama
Botfield (Bethnal Green) Feltham (Corton Wilts) Shaw Sutcliffe Berry Hartley(Huddersfield) Larsen(Morup Swed.)

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 11 December 05 05:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mamma,
Not knowing any dates of your persons of interest, I had a quick look at one of my favorite sites

http://www. naa.gov.au

The govt. archives which holds among other information, service records.  When next of kin is listed, you can get a good little 'lead'

There are a number of Malpass references, some of whom are born in Townsville
I also saw lots of Felthams too, even an Edward.
Good luck, Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mama

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 11 December 05 20:35 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou I will try that site
Mama

Offline mama

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 02 January 06 03:50 GMT (UK) »
To those who were kind enough to reply.  I have been through white pages and no success and then I tried the NAA side and got truly lost.  Sue, which section did you see Felthams or Malpass?
Mama

Offline mama

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 02 January 06 04:20 GMT (UK) »
Further information on these families. Sven and Brita Larsen both born in Sweden, married in Aarlborg Denmakr, migrated to Townsville, Queensland on "Lammershagen"1874 (abt) and went to live in Ravenswood. First daughter born 18.6 1974 in Ravenswood.Next Emma b. 19.9.1876 and died  Caroline (Lena) born 6.4.1879, Louisa (my grandmother) b. 4.11.1881, Mary b.10.11.1883 and died 1885 and Ellen b. abt 1888.  Now theres a time frame!
Hannah I know married Henry Malpass and Louisa married Edward Feltham (from Corton, Wiltshire)
Mama

Offline Cazay

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 02 January 06 07:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mama

Charles Joseph Malpass QX29446, born Townsville 31 Aug 1916, enlisted Home Hill, Next of kin Sylvia

Thomas Joseph Malpass QX48488, born Townsville 3 Feb 1924, enlisted Warwick, Next of kin Thomas

Thomas Henry Ellery born Charters Towers, enlisted Townsville, Next of kin John Ellery (this entry is digitised and you can read through it)

John Ellery Q130211, born 23 May 1901 Ravenswood, enlisted Townsville, Next of kin Maud Glendenning

These entries are from the National Archives site, just click on recordsearch, then click guest to search and enter the name in the search window. Hope you have better luck this time.  I only checked for these two surnames but you will probably find the others as well.

I know the Malpass Hotel in Ayr, it is backpackers accommodation, especially for the seasonal fruit and vegetable pickers who come to the Burdekin for work.

I could check for further dates for you when I next go to the library unless someone else on here has the QLD indexes.

Cazay
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Essex; Livermore, Barker  Norfolk; Wood, Lack, Spurgeon, Long Wiltshire; Ricketts, Sealey, Dew  Lincs; Drage  Cumberland; McNicol, Bowman  Lancashire; Brogden, Davis

Offline Cazay

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 03 January 06 00:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mama

These sites have some of your family names

http://www.burdekin.qld.gov.au   (click on services, registers then burial registers)

http://www.myrasplace.net

Cazay
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Essex; Livermore, Barker  Norfolk; Wood, Lack, Spurgeon, Long Wiltshire; Ricketts, Sealey, Dew  Lincs; Drage  Cumberland; McNicol, Bowman  Lancashire; Brogden, Davis