Author Topic: Ellery or Glendenning Families N.Q.Ravenwood/Townsville Area  (Read 4314 times)

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ellery or Glendenning Families N.Q.Ravenwood/Townsville Area
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 04 January 06 22:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mama,
I hope by now you have worked out the Naa site.  Cazay, I am sure will agree, it is a bit tricky.  It seems to use unfamiliar government jargon to 'assist' your navigation.

Just in case you have not yet looked for yourself, here is the most interesting  results from the  Edward Feltham search.  The name Hannah may be significant

Feltham, Edward James. Service number 10331. Date of birth 13/8/1899, Place of birth unknown, Place of enlistment, unknown Next of kin Hannah.
 Not much to go on!
Good luck, Sue

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mama

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 04 January 06 23:40 GMT (UK) »
The following two would be part of my "tribe" cousins to my father

Thomas Henry Ellery born Charters Towers, enlisted Townsville, Next of kin John Ellery (this entry is digitised and you can read through it)

John Ellery Q130211, born 23 May 1901 Ravenswood, enlisted Townsville, Next of kin Maud Glendenning

Regarding Edward James Feltham, there was a "Ted" Feltham, Son of Arthur and Amy (Hauer)Feltham  who are buried in the Ravenswood Cemetary but he was not a relative of Hannah Malpass although he was a cousin to my father.  But I will follow that up.
Thanks for your help.
Mama
Botfield (Bethnal Green) Feltham (Corton Wilts) Shaw Sutcliffe Berry Hartley(Huddersfield) Larsen(Morup Swed.)

Offline Cazay

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 04 January 06 23:59 GMT (UK) »
Mama

Are you trying to contact current day relatives or just looking for names and dates from QLD indexes?

Cazay
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Essex; Livermore, Barker  Norfolk; Wood, Lack, Spurgeon, Long Wiltshire; Ricketts, Sealey, Dew  Lincs; Drage  Cumberland; McNicol, Bowman  Lancashire; Brogden, Davis

Offline mama

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 05 January 06 04:02 GMT (UK) »
I would just like to know what happened to them and yes if I could trace some living relatives that would be a bonus.
I am trying to find out when Hannah Malpass died and if Caroline (Lena) was  a Glendenning or Ellery and when she died.  I have a marriage photo of the wedding of Maud and Bob with my mother as bridesmaid and she looks about 19/20 years which would make it about 1927/28. Maud was the niece of my Grandmother Louisa.  Louisa,Hannah, Caroline and Ellen (the youngest) seemed to be good friends as I have a few photos of them together.  I knew Ellen as she lived with my grandmother and probably died about 1944.  She had no children.  Once you start a family tree it's hard not to see it out!  If I found any living relatives who were interested I would be happy to share what I have found out and the photos with them.
Thankyou,
Mama
Botfield (Bethnal Green) Feltham (Corton Wilts) Shaw Sutcliffe Berry Hartley(Huddersfield) Larsen(Morup Swed.)

Offline mama

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 05 January 06 04:16 GMT (UK) »
Cazay,
Thanks for these sites. They were excellent and I found quite a few names (not Malpass,Glendenning or Ellery though) but other family members.

http://www.burdekin.qld.gov.au   (click on services, registers then burial registers)

http://www.myrasplace.net
Mama

Offline mama

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 05 January 06 05:03 GMT (UK) »
Could the above be Clindinning ro Clendenning?
Mama

Offline Cazay

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 05 January 06 05:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mama

Sometimes surnames are mispelt and misread, the NAA site had C instead of G but thought it was a match anyway.

This entry on members interest list for NQFHA -

Hannah Malpass 1888-1940 Ravenswood

Will PM email address

Cazay

Essex; Livermore, Barker  Norfolk; Wood, Lack, Spurgeon, Long Wiltshire; Ricketts, Sealey, Dew  Lincs; Drage  Cumberland; McNicol, Bowman  Lancashire; Brogden, Davis

Offline Cazay

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 05 January 06 05:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mama

I would say the name was mispelt or misread, NAA had C instead of G but still looked like a match.

Found this entry on members interests for NQ

Hannah Malpass 1880-1940 Ravenswood, will PM email address

Cazay  (Whoops doubled up, didn't think it went the first time)