Author Topic: John Howden HELEY b c1862  (Read 2616 times)

Offline coralc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Hoping other Carrickfergus researchers may have in
    • View Profile
Re: John Howden HELEY b c1862
« Reply #9 on: Monday 01 March 21 08:00 GMT (UK) »
John Howden Heley born in Greenock, Scotland to Robert Heley and Marion (Howden) Heley 1860 (?) - 21/8/1929 Woolloongabba, Brisbane Qld. He was a blacksmith, and married Mary Matilda Heley , (died 16/7/1939)a nurse,on 11/8/1886, and were living in Deshon St, Woolloongabba when their son, Robert, was born approx June ,1887. They lived in FlowerSt, Woolloongabba 1890  - 1910, then moved to 11 Leonard St. , Queensland, Australia, where I now live.They opened a private nursing home in this building, calling it Greenock, in honour of his birthplace,on 1918 (approx)! Their daughter, Beatrice (a spinster)died here ,11/7/1954. They  also had another daughter, Euphemia. 11 Leonard St Woolloongabba Queensland is currently on the market, if you Google it you will find photos of the exterior, and of the interior of the unit I live in, the largest of 4.I  love this house, and when I discovered it had been a nursing home called Greenock I was curious to see if there was a Scots connection, and so it unfolded.I hope this information is helpful to you!

regards,
Coral
David Boyd/Margaret Boyd (nee McCrea)James McIlwaine/Annie  McIlwaine (nee Condy)Carrickfergus,Late 19th/early 20th,William Hamilton Clarke-Dublin/Belfast/Eleanor Clarke(nee Anderson)Cumber?Belfast,also 19/20 th century.David was a shipwright,James a gardener,they had a wee shop in Carrickfergus around the turn of the century.Also Margaret, James& Samuel Weatherup c 17?? - 18??, also Carrickfergus

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 01 March 21 09:20 GMT (UK) »
John Howden Heley born in Greenock, Scotland to Robert Heley and Marion (Howden) Heley 1860 (?) - 21/8/1929 Woolloongabba, Brisbane Qld. He was a blacksmith, and married Mary Matilda Heley
Was Heley also her maiden surname?
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline coralc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Hoping other Carrickfergus researchers may have in
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 01 March 21 09:40 GMT (UK) »
Her father was Frederick Greenhill, her Mother was Matilda Cook,she was born in Stockport.I hope at least some of the information is new and helpful, and that you liked the photos
David Boyd/Margaret Boyd (nee McCrea)James McIlwaine/Annie  McIlwaine (nee Condy)Carrickfergus,Late 19th/early 20th,William Hamilton Clarke-Dublin/Belfast/Eleanor Clarke(nee Anderson)Cumber?Belfast,also 19/20 th century.David was a shipwright,James a gardener,they had a wee shop in Carrickfergus around the turn of the century.Also Margaret, James& Samuel Weatherup c 17?? - 18??, also Carrickfergus

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 01 March 21 17:19 GMT (UK) »
Her father was Frederick Greenhill, her Mother was Matilda Cook,she was born in Stockport.I hope at least some of the information is new and helpful, and that you liked the photos
Ah. So John Howden Heley married Mary Matilda Greenhill.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.