Author Topic: Searching names Hawking/Roscrow/Wilson/Edgecombe/Allen  (Read 8932 times)

Offline Mozzie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Searching names Hawking/Roscrow/Wilson/Edgecombe/Allen
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 18 September 04 15:27 BST (UK) »
Hello Bob,
Thank's so much for the Roscrow information - looks very interesting and I shall have a look at freeCEN just as soon as I finish this message.  Thanks once again for the interest.
From Amanda.
Poolman, Polden, Scratchley (Wiltshire/Somerset): Hutchens, Roscrow, Mann (Cornwall/St.Buryan): Bradshaw, Squires, Griffen, Griffin (Surrey/Battersea): Brown, Hedgley (Essex/Southend).  Also Bradshaw, Roscrow and Hutchens in Australia.

Offline Kate Sheila Keegan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 25 August 18 20:22 BST (UK) »
Not sure if your still looking but, my grandmother's family were called Roscrow originally from Cornwall but moved to Devonport I believe after my gran was born circa 1895. I have not done any real research on her side of the family but, Lillian is a firm family name, its possible my great grandparents names were William and Annie born around 1870.  I found some letters after my gran died, so I know my great grandfather was in the Royal Navy and left in 1911, he then went into the fleet auxiliary, hope that is of some help.

Offline Mozzie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 26 August 18 13:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Kate,

Was your gran Violet Hilda Roscrow?  Her dad was a William Roscrow and was an officers cook in the Royal Navy in 1911.  Her mum would have been Annie Roscrow nee Martin.  William was born in Morice Town Devonshire and Violet Hilda and her mum Annie were born in St. Austel, Cornwall.  Do you think that this is your family?

From Mozzie
Poolman, Polden, Scratchley (Wiltshire/Somerset): Hutchens, Roscrow, Mann (Cornwall/St.Buryan): Bradshaw, Squires, Griffen, Griffin (Surrey/Battersea): Brown, Hedgley (Essex/Southend).  Also Bradshaw, Roscrow and Hutchens in Australia.

Offline Kate Sheila Keegan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 26 August 18 16:34 BST (UK) »
Hi, yes my gran was Violet Hilda Roscrow wow, I did some research last night and Annie was her mother and William, correct he was from Morice town and yes a cook, is this a connection to your family tree?  If so I have a photo of Annie and William, I was told Annie had another daughter called Lillian who died in childhood maybe around 11 years old.

Offline Mozzie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 27 August 18 12:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Kate,

I'm not sure if this is part of my family too, but just needed to verify which Roscrow family we were talking about.  Now that I know, I'll do some research to see if I can make any connection to my Roscrow family.  Will get back to you in a few days.  Regards Mozzie

Offline Mozzie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 27 August 18 13:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Kate,

There is a Lilian Beatrice Roscrow born 1899 in Devonport who died 1911 aged 12 years.

Mozzie