Author Topic: WOODHOUSE, All, (GOONS 4126)  (Read 10414 times)

Offline ron.woodhouse100

• I am sorry but my email addresses are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Yorkshire. England.
    • View Profile
WOODHOUSE, All, (GOONS 4126)
« on: Thursday 08 January 04 21:51 GMT (UK) »
The Woodhouse one-name study is a new project and it is starting to build a database which can be used by everyone who is studying their ancestry and the history of the name.
Take a look at the web site www.woodhouse-online.co.uk and ask a question, or send in any information you have which will add to the existing collection.
Better still if you have a question, ask it by replying to this topic and maybe someone else will see it and be able to give you help if I cannot.
Ron Woodhouse.
Member 4126 Guild of One-name Studies.
Ron Woodhouse

Offline Snow White

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: WOODHOUSE ONE-NAME STUDY.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 11 October 04 01:36 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I have my grandmother Phoebe WOODHOUSEof Exeter Devon.
Her grand father Richard WOODHOUSE was born in
Coventry Warwickshire or Leeds.
yet to be determined.
I came across your web page & although not yet up & running wonder if there will be a connection to this e-mail?
I look forward to your reply.
Sylvgia White

Moderator Comment: Email Address Removed to avoid Spamming - use a Personal Message to contact this user

Offline steveb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: WOODHOUSE, All, (GOONS 4126)
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 30 January 05 05:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ron
My mother was a Woodhouse. I have Woodhouse data from the Friern Barnet, London Woodhouses who moved from the Foxley, Norfolk Woodhouse clan mid 1800's.  Get the site going and I'll send what I have. Good luck.  My family line of Woodhouses is on my web site - but I've other, unrelated directly, Woodhouse names.
Steve
Cornwall - Blake, Cock, Wilcock  |  Norfolk - Woodhouse, Graver  |  Durham - Batie, Brass, Kay, Bailey  |  Middlesex - Blake, Woodhouse, Lovell, Copps, Dale  |  E.London - Wiles, White, Godfrey  |  Warwick - Pollard  |  Bucks - Steden, Lovell, Shrimpton, Reynolds

Offline ron.woodhouse100

• I am sorry but my email addresses are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Yorkshire. England.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 30 January 05 19:30 GMT (UK) »
Steve,

My lack of expertise means that my web site is not very good, but I intend to get some help with it shortly, and I will post a notice when I am happy with it. I must again remind everyone that since Woodhouse is a fairly common name which can have originated in many locations it is unlikely that they will all be directly linked. I have a good set of data concerning the Woodhouse family from South Yorkshire some going back to the 1500's and I am hoping that there will be some male Woodhouses who are able to take a DNA test so that we can establish the likelyhood of any direct links I have had my YDNA test done and the figures are available to anyone who wants to compare theirs against it. It is only of value if the man has the name Woodhouse and is as far as is known not a decendant from a adoptee. Even then when we do eventually have a good selection of data it is possible that someone who is confident of his ancestral line may be dissapointed. That is as likely to be me as anyone, and if anyone wants to run the risk, I can direct them to the sites which give all the information they need to proceed with a test.
You will need to tell me your web site address for me to go to it, I am happy for you to do that directly from my site if you are reluctant to post it on this message site.
Ron.
Ron Woodhouse

Offline steveb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 01 February 05 01:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ron

I understand the web site burden - good luck.
Maybe the site could be split to certain areas - the Yorkshire Woodhouses, the Norfolk Woodhouse etc.
I am aware of the DNA projects. There are plenty of male Woodhouses still alive on my Norfolk line.  One day they will sell a kit in the chemist to check your DNA, like a pregnancy test !!
You can access users web sites by clicking the 'world globe' on the left of the post screen - but heres my site No longer working 2014
I am starting to accumulate more and more Foxley Woodhouse data and will post it some day on the web site.
Steve
Cornwall - Blake, Cock, Wilcock  |  Norfolk - Woodhouse, Graver  |  Durham - Batie, Brass, Kay, Bailey  |  Middlesex - Blake, Woodhouse, Lovell, Copps, Dale  |  E.London - Wiles, White, Godfrey  |  Warwick - Pollard  |  Bucks - Steden, Lovell, Shrimpton, Reynolds

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 18 March 05 17:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ron

You may wish to post your details on the One Name Studies Board too which you can find by clicking this link: One Name Studies Board.

Best wishes

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Tisy

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 10 October 10 08:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Ron,

I am researching the name Wood and its variants in the midland and northern counties;  We have a DNA research project on the go at the moment for those testing L20;  I would be very interested to see your test results.  Contact me privately if you feel you would like to participate.

Cheers,

Tisy

Offline Snow White

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 08 February 14 00:13 GMT (UK) »
Hello Ron,

It is many years since I contacted you for possibly a WOODHOUSE connection.
Sadly we could not connect at that time.
My Woodhouse - ROBERT WOODHOUSE - b. abt 1785 Brigham Yorkshire
His marriage to a Mrs. Woodhouse (?) 1820.Brigham
Birth of daughter Mary Ann Woodhouse 1820 Brigham
These names and dates were gathered from the IGI. Not alwaays reliable.
However after 1820 I find ROBERT 1841 census living in EXETER DEVON where he resided until his death 1867.
He had several children and from the 1841 census records a wife Eleanor.
1851 census ROBERT is a widow and living with Mary Ann and her husband John Beer. Exeter
From his children's marriage certificates, Robert's occupation is Gunmaker.
Looking forward in anticipation to your reply.
Sylvia

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 25 February 14 16:08 GMT (UK) »
Hello Sylvia,

I am very sorry but we have not been able to make contact with Ron Woodhouse, his emails are not working and depending on which website you look at one is down and we have had no contact from the other.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk