Author Topic: ROBSON, Andrew - Aspatria 1840-1885  (Read 4331 times)

Offline RedFox

• RootsChat Member
  • One of Many Family Lines
    • View Profile
ROBSON, Andrew - Aspatria 1840-1885
« on: Thursday 09 September 04 19:24 BST (UK) »
Andrew ROBSON was my GGGF.  He was born in Aspatria, CUM in 1840.  He married Margaret BLACKBURN in 1862; I believe she may have a widow.  She was from Dearham.  Also listed with their family was John Blackburn, a son.

Andrew, Margaret, Andrew's mother Jane, and most (if not all) of their children emigrated to the US about 1885.  I have been given the time of Sept. 1885 and the ship's name, Republic.  However, I have not been able to find any evidence of same.  I do have a ship's register for a later family member in 1887, but not Andrew, et al. 

I can verify their deaths as they are buried in Nebraska and I have seen the gravesites.  Any suggestions for finding out more on their emigration?  I believe they may have left from Liverpool as their daughter did in 1887, but it's only a guess.  I like to document as much information as possible, otherwise it's only family lore.  Although I have seen some census records and the Aspatria and Dearham Bishops Transcripts.    Thanks, RedFox. 
CUMLD: Davidson, Robson, Atkinson, Blackburn,  Wilkinson, Mumberson, Milburn
CRNWL:  Dawe, Bawden, Leming
CHES: Heginbotham
YRK:  Dawe, Jackson, Ranson, Leming
LANC:  Dawe, Harris, Thomas, Bellamy or Billany, Bayliff, Madsen
EAST SSX:  Etchingham - Woolgar
SCT: RXB-Robson, REN & LNK-Lisle/Lyle/Leill, Taylor, Masson
WALES: Dawe
USA:  MI - Dawe, Stringer, Lisle, Robson, Davidson, Mills, Handy, Betzner, Leeper, Fankboner, Ross, Lyle
IRE: Bell, Prestley/Priestley
GER: Wuerttemberg - Betz