Author Topic: Help needed  (Read 752 times)

Offline karina

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Help needed
« on: Tuesday 27 December 05 07:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Hope you all had a good Christmas, and are to full of turkey and wine 'cos I need a little help.
I have found a number of marriages that took place at St Peters in Leeds.
 Elizabeth grundill - George Wailte on 14/5/1820
 George Grundill - Jane Ward on 1/1/1810
 Mary Grundell - John Lee on 31/8/1820
 Jane Grundell - Thomas Fernie 14/3/1813

I am looking at the Grundill/ell family, how would I go about findind the names of the parents of these people. Is there anyone out there who could help!

thanks in advance and a happy new years

Karina ::)
Grundill/Grindale/Grindall and any other variants from Cumbria, Yorkshire and Durham
Southward, Robson from Cumbria
Coldbeck from Yorkshire

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Nessie

• I am sorry my emails are not working.
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 27 December 05 07:38 GMT (UK) »
You could try looking on Familysearch on the IGI for records of their baptisms . If they have been recorded that should give you the parents names :)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline karina

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 27 December 05 07:44 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, but I have tried that, these marriage bit are all I can find of these names.
Grundill/Grindale/Grindall and any other variants from Cumbria, Yorkshire and Durham
Southward, Robson from Cumbria
Coldbeck from Yorkshire

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 27 December 05 08:34 GMT (UK) »
Have you the complete set of censuses? including 1841, a parent is often found living with one of the children.

Mary
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)