Author Topic: Armstrong/ Riley/ Wilson 1870 0n  (Read 2640 times)

Offline bodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • bodger sen. jun.
    • View Profile
Re: Armstrong/ Riley/ Wilson 1870 0n
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 12 January 06 21:20 GMT (UK) »
Sarah E , do you have parents for clara, jessie, & Jo ?
                                          Tony
Attenborough, Bacon,Melbourne, Thorpe, Ride,Simpson/ Derbyshire, Judson,Bacon,/Keighley,
Lockett/ Manchester, Harling/ Lancaster & Manchester

Offline upthetree

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 14 October 20 20:59 BST (UK) »
I know this is an old thread but Harriet Wilson was my 2xGreat Grandmother and George Thomas Riley was her first husband, he was an attendent at the aslyum. He died in Wadsley and is buried at Wadsley churchyard in Feb 1885 along with their baby, Harriet 4 days after . I visited the grave  a few years ago.
  Harriet went on to marry John Rose a widowed spring knife cutler from Wadsley. Now Harriet and John's daughter, Beatrice Rose born 1890 had been been facially disfigured with severe bombs I believed because she worked in an ammunition factory but you mentioned a bombing raid was there one in the Wadsley/Sheffield area in World war one?

Offline bodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • bodger sen. jun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 15 October 20 07:27 BST (UK) »
Not sure about bombing raids,Re Georges death the only one i found was in Leeds,   I wonder what he was doing there  ?  from records on  line i  have 2 siblings for Beatrice, Florence b. 1893 &   Stephen b. 1895 ?. Thanks for the post, Tony aka bodger
Attenborough, Bacon,Melbourne, Thorpe, Ride,Simpson/ Derbyshire, Judson,Bacon,/Keighley,

Offline upthetree

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 15 October 20 12:39 BST (UK) »
Yes that's right only Florence and Stephen were my Great Grandmother's siblings. I know a half sibling went to Canada. Beatrice lost her nose due to an explosion I assumed she was a canary girl but further up the thread you mentioned Clara going into the asylum following bombing raids? Harriet is fascinating have since found out she was actually born Harriet Ensor and her Father was a convict transported to Australia long story that I am still trying to get to the bottom of.

Offline bodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • bodger sen. jun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 15 October 20 13:00 BST (UK) »
It was Jessie in the asylum, will have a look at Harriett. Tony