Author Topic: James Harkness of Worcester  (Read 9669 times)

Offline Gardener

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: James Harkness of Worcester
« Reply #9 on: Friday 12 February 10 18:09 GMT (UK) »
Well isn't that great? You must be related to Gillg's American friend and I hope you can sort this out now  :)
Rose (Black Country),Downs (Black Country),Wolloxall (any and all),Bark (Derbyshire),Wright (Derbyshire),Marsden (Derbyshire), Wallace (Black Country)

All census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 13 February 10 09:20 GMT (UK) »
Well, after all these years! :o  I'll email my friend with stewart richie's information and try to put them both in touch.

Thanks so much, stewart.

Gillg
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 14 February 10 11:23 GMT (UK) »
stewart

I should have said welcome to RootsChat! :)  You'll find people on this site very friendly and helpful.  If you put on a couple more messages you wll then be able to send private messages via the little green scroll symbol on the left under members' names.  You could then let me have your email address privately in one of them.  My American friend is in her 80s now and I didn't hear from her this Christmas, so hope she is still with us - at least the email I sent her with your information hasn't been returned as impossible to send, so here's hoping.

Regards

Gillg

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline stewart ritchie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 15 February 10 17:02 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the welcome... I'll see if I can come up with some useful posts.

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 17 February 10 15:53 GMT (UK) »
Although I haven't yet received a reply from my friend, I have found an old email from her which contains quite a lot of detail about James and his family, who apparently settled in Dakota, then later Kentucky.  I'll paste it onto an email for you.

There is a Pedigree Resource File on the IGI which mentions James Fleming Harkness.  The owner has an extensive website, which includes over 3000 members with surname Harkness, so don't know how reliable this is!

Gillg

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 17 February 10 16:36 GMT (UK) »
Hurrah, just received an email from America assuring me that my friend is alive and kicking (her words) and will get in touch soon, so watch this space....

Gillg

Offline Nemo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 03 March 10 21:26 GMT (UK) »
Hello Gillg
Going back to your initial enquiry. James Harkness appears to have been transcribed on the IGI as James Harteness born 5 Mar (sic) 1841 bapt. 18 May 1841 Angel Street Congregational Church Worcester. Son of James Harteness and Isabella That would tie up with the info you have about James’ sisters who were also baptised at the same church.
HTH
Nemo

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 04 March 10 14:23 GMT (UK) »
Thanks very much, Nemo.  I'll suggest to my friend that she requests a copy of the birth entry from the PR. The othe children seem to have had a gap of a couple of months between birth and baptism, too. 

Gillg

Offline lookingma

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 23 June 13 19:03 BST (UK) »
I'm new to this website and so just came across this.  James was my great-great grandfather.  Would love to be in touch if you know more.  My mother has a photo of the train station where James senior was station master.