Author Topic: James Harkness of Worcester  (Read 9680 times)

Offline stewart ritchie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Harkness of Worcester
« Reply #18 on: Monday 24 June 13 08:49 BST (UK) »
I have details of the Harkness family back to around 1815, plus details of few descendants.

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 24 June 13 11:54 BST (UK) »
Hi, lookingma, and welcome to RootsChat!

If you post another two messages on here you will then be able to send and receive Private Messages.  You could then let me have your email address and I can put you in touch with my elderly American friend, born Harkness.  As you can see, I did some finding out for her, but then left it up to her how far she wanted to pursue it.  She may wish to make contact, but it's up to her.

Stewart
Did you manage to get in touch with my Harkness friend?  Perhaps you and lookingma can exchange information.

Regards
Gillg  :)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline lookingma

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 24 June 13 13:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Stewart,
I have information going back to about the same time.  I also have photo copies of photos of James Fleming and Jane Thomson Mackenzie.  I think my mother found them on ancestry.com but I couldn't find them there myself.

Offline lookingma

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 24 June 13 13:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Gillg,
Thanks for your welcome.  I'd be great to be in touch with your friend ...  but I wonder if it's my mother?

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 25 June 13 10:01 BST (UK) »
lookingma

I'm sending you a PM just to check!  If it is your mother, then you and I have met very many years ago!

Gillg

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 25 June 13 10:21 BST (UK) »
It was indeed lookingma's mother!  How great to make contact again with the family.  PM sent.

Gillg

Offline Annegilmer1

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 31 July 18 02:14 BST (UK) »
I would love the photo of the train station. James Fleming Harkness Sr is my 2nd great grandfather...thanks
annegilmer@rocketmail.com
.uote author=lookingma link=topic=115572.msg4979581#msg4979581 date=1372076647]
Hi Stewart,
I have information going back to about the same time.  I also have photo copies of photos of James Fleming and Jane Thomson Mackenzie.  I think my mother found them on ancestry.com but I couldn't find them there myself.
[/quote]
Hi Stewart,