Author Topic: Llanfair Talhaiarn  (Read 2482 times)

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Llanfair Talhaiarn
« on: Sunday 01 January 06 16:50 GMT (UK) »
looking for any leads on Jane Jones born Jane Parry , born 1823 in the above village.

Thanks Valerie

Offline D ap D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stuck with John Jones in Wales? Join the club!
    • View Profile
Re: Llanfair Talhaiarn
« Reply #1 on: Monday 09 January 06 11:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

what have you got on her so far? I have the PRs if you can give some more details.

D
Stuck with:
William Williams of Llanllyfni
John Jones in Llanelli
Evan Evans in Caio
David Davies of Llansanffraid
Evans: Caio/Carms
Jones: CDG, DEN

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Nor do I think that any other nation than this of Wales, or any other tongue, whatever may hereafter come to pass, shall on the day of the great reckoning before the Most High Judge, answer for this corner of the earth": The Old Man of Pencader to Henry II

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 09 January 06 12:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi D

Thanks for the reply only have her in 1871 and 1818 census she was 48 in 1871 married Jane Jones I know her maiden name to be Parry as this is on my g grandmothers birth certificate.
She was born in Llanfair Talhaiarn thats all I have her husband William a Shepard but in 1881 he was not mentioned may be he had died.

My G grandmothers  Emma birth certificate states she was born  Rhoslan St George . My map tells me that these are not to far from each other
So not much to go on.

I do belong to Clwyd histoey scociety but when I looked on there christning list for that area I dont think Llanfair is there, opp's just noticed that on the 1881 cencus states Jane from Llangerniew, looked on my old map looks like it is about four miles away not sure how much difference that will make.

Really rubish at this family history seem to ramble along grabing pieces of evidence along the way.

Did you mean you were in Llanfair couple of weeks ago is it nice, should I go and vist I know there is only one church do you know any thing about Llangerniew tried to search on google no luck.

Thanks for you reply

Regards Val

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 09 January 06 13:04 GMT (UK) »
I meant to say know the song men of Harlech it always gives me goosebumps must be the Welsh in me, and I didn't know it as I have only found out about 2 years ago that all my mothers people came from Wales
Was it a popular tune when it was written perhaps Jane would have hummed along to it.

Offline D ap D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stuck with John Jones in Wales? Join the club!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 10 January 06 13:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Val,

haven't got access to 51 and 61 just at the mo. Have to wait until the weekend or next week. Perhaps someone else can check it out for you in the meantime.....

I bought the Fiche from the Clwyd FHS, so Llanfair TH is definitely there. Looking on the map, Llanfair TH is between Llanrwst and Abergele. Going from Abergele, you first go through Llanfair TH then Llangernyw (note new spelling!)

Yes I was in Llanfair 2 weeks ago. Theres a river that runs through it with loads of ducks who come running when a car stops. We used to go there as kids with mum and dad for a run on Sundays.

There is a good pub there called the Swan, which does excellent value for money food. No, I don't have any financial ties to the place.

If you are in the area, and you have a vested interest in the place, then its worth going there. However it does involve travelling along country lanes, and it IS out of the way.

There is a Church in Llanfair TH and one in Llangernyw, looked after now by the same vicar, Rev. Rex Matthias. I can let you have his Tel no and email , if you are interested.

Apparently the yew tree in Llangernyw churchyard is the oldest living thing in GB, at about 4000 yrs old. or something like that.

Try the Genuki site for Llanfair TH and Llangernyw - the info there is a good start.

Let me know if you need anything else.

D
Stuck with:
William Williams of Llanllyfni
John Jones in Llanelli
Evan Evans in Caio
David Davies of Llansanffraid
Evans: Caio/Carms
Jones: CDG, DEN

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Nor do I think that any other nation than this of Wales, or any other tongue, whatever may hereafter come to pass, shall on the day of the great reckoning before the Most High Judge, answer for this corner of the earth": The Old Man of Pencader to Henry II

Offline Sparkle26

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 10 January 06 14:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Here's what i have found so far

1851 Denbigh HO107/2507 F 481 P20

Rosehill Lunatic Asylum
Jane Parry 27 Unmar Servant Kitchen Maid born Llanfair

Claire  :)
Connell Boon Favell Patchett Hinch Hutton Markham Calvert Codd Scullion Linton Martin Coupland Daniel
Day Cook Pepperdine West And many many more

ALL CENSUS INFORMATION IS CROWN COPYRIGHT from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 12 January 06 16:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi D

Thank you so much for such a detailed reply, I will buy details from  FHS.

Would like the details of vicar will write or e.mail him.
 I am going to visit area Jane came from, don't go on the roads that day will let you know when it is me and country roads don't go.

Will sit under the yew maybe my gggran did.

Seen what sparkle has found hope she was working there, not an inmate think it would tie in as Jane was 48 in 1871 and her eldest child was 13 so she must have married late not many men in the village or was she locked up.

Thanks Val

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 12 January 06 16:12 GMT (UK) »
Hello Sparkle
Thanks for that , how did you find info do you think it was that Jane was working there?

If you see my comments to D&D I think Jane got married quite late how can I find out more.

Regards
Val