Author Topic: Isabella Watkinson  (Read 1148 times)

Offline Southlands23

• I am very sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Isabella Watkinson
« on: Monday 13 September 04 13:34 BST (UK) »
Trying to trace the genealogy of Isabella Watkinson who married Abraham Green in 1864 at St. Mary's, Hulme, Manchester. Isabella is apprently from Lancaster?
Knowles, Hulstone, Green, Davies, Lovatt, Gibson, Allen, Pickford, Oliver, Buck, Morley, Watkinson

Offline Southlands23

• I am very sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Isabella Watkinson
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 September 04 12:31 BST (UK) »
Latest information i have recieved, Isabella Watkinson married Abraham Green on 4th of June 1864. Isabella's father is William Wilson Watkinson, a printer born approx. 1817. He appears to have married a woman called Ann(e) Dobson in 1842
Knowles, Hulstone, Green, Davies, Lovatt, Gibson, Allen, Pickford, Oliver, Buck, Morley, Watkinson

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 September 04 13:24 BST (UK) »
Hi,

We need a specific question to know how to help. :)

There are lots of friendly people here on RootsChat all volunteers,  and we do not do general research but can try to answer specific lookup requests,  or give advice as to how to proceed.

If you require a lookup on a particular resource let us know and we will direct you where to request that.

If you want to post a more specific question,  please do,  and we will do our best to help.

We look forward to hearing from you again,  and good luck.   ;D

Kazza. (Global Moderator)

Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.

Offline ryan

• RootsChat Veteran
  • (Pictured) My G-G Grandfather Thomas John Hill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 19 September 04 13:38 BST (UK) »
Hi!
I checked out the 1881 census at FamilySearch for you, but I suggest that you have a look yourself.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/frameset_search.asp
Search the census for Isabella Green and Abraham Green as the head of household. There is one result which shows an Isabella and Abraham Green's eldest child named Lydia Green having been born in Manchester not too long after the date of marriage for 'your' Isabella and Abraham. I'm not saying that this is them, but you must determine whether or not it is them for yourself.

Good luck!

:)
HILL/BURKE/BELCHER/BIGNELL/BADHAM/COX/BLAKE/YELDHAM in London
HOPKINS/HART/MATTHEWS/MUNSON/FARLEY in Exeter & Mid Devon
FEREDAY in The Potteries & Tipton
ADAMS/MUSCUTT/ELSBY/BRIDGENS/BURKE/BELL/RAINBOW in The Potteries
O’CALLAGHAN/O’BRIEN in Cork
BURKE/FITZPATRICK in Birmingham
HOPKINS in Shaftesbury
YELDHAM/RAVEN/MUNSON/BIGNELL in Essex
BLAKE/CHANDLER in Wickham Market, Suffolk