Author Topic: shallikers of liverpool.  (Read 2841 times)

Offline alison98

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
shallikers of liverpool.
« on: Monday 13 September 04 15:20 BST (UK) »
hi im researching the name of shalliker from liverpool,can anyone help?

Offline Nicky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: shallikers of liverpool.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 September 04 15:25 BST (UK) »
Hi
I have had a look and there are some Shalliker's in Lancashire, not specifically Liverpool, do you have some names and any ideas on rough birth dates for any of them.
Let me know and I will have another look for you.
Nicky
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Sewell - Surrey<br />Lynch - Ireland, Devon and Channel Islands<br />Whall and Pye - Norwich, Essex and Kent<br />Cotterill - Warwickshire<br />Adams - North and East Riding of Yorkshire<br />Preest, Dufty Lewis, Aston - Forest of Dean

Offline alison98

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 September 04 15:48 BST (UK) »
hi, thanks, i know that william alfred shalliker was born in 1914 and his father was called william alfred too,his mother was jessie janet shalliker nee bates,they lived liverpool,west derby.thats about all i know upto now. thanks nicky.

Offline Nicky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 13 September 04 17:31 BST (UK) »
Hi
I think maybe the best next step would be to try and trace the marriage of Willam Shalliker and Jessie Bates, that would give fathers name and then census look ups could be done for both of them to find out mothers.siblings etc.
Nicky
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Sewell - Surrey<br />Lynch - Ireland, Devon and Channel Islands<br />Whall and Pye - Norwich, Essex and Kent<br />Cotterill - Warwickshire<br />Adams - North and East Riding of Yorkshire<br />Preest, Dufty Lewis, Aston - Forest of Dean

Offline janham

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 13 September 04 19:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Alison,

Don't know if any of this helps, I went to school with a girl called Elsie Shalliker, she lived in Huyton, Liverpool.  The school we attended was Longview Secondry Modern.  Elsie had at least one sister,  but for the life of me I can't remember her name, there could have been brothers as well.  Elisie would have been born around 1954. 

Jan

Jan
Otho Hamilton, John Hamilton, George Hamilton, William Hamilton, from Waterford.
Cullinane and Fitz-henry from Waterford
Oxland from Waterford
The Olivestob Hamiltons from Edinburgh.

Cook from Stroud, Painswick, Glos.
Hudson from Huddersfield, Liverpool
Spiers from Evesham and Liverpool
Jinks from Evesham and Liverpool

Offline janham

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 19 September 04 14:22 BST (UK) »
Alison,

I have just come back from Thornton Cemetery in Liverpool, I was there searching for my Grandparents Grave.   I found the gravesite of my family and directly at the back of them is a Shalliker Grave, I have taken some photo's and will try to attach them to this message.  They may not be the line you are tracing but you never know.

Jan
Otho Hamilton, John Hamilton, George Hamilton, William Hamilton, from Waterford.
Cullinane and Fitz-henry from Waterford
Oxland from Waterford
The Olivestob Hamiltons from Edinburgh.

Cook from Stroud, Painswick, Glos.
Hudson from Huddersfield, Liverpool
Spiers from Evesham and Liverpool
Jinks from Evesham and Liverpool