Author Topic: James Oliver  (Read 1692 times)

Offline aeroqueen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
James Oliver
« on: Tuesday 03 January 06 09:41 GMT (UK) »
hello
i am looking for information on a James Oliver known as Jim? born between 1910-1920 in Glasgow to parents Robert Oliver & Mary mcnaught/mcnaughtan.married to a lady called Janet with 2 children one called Billy short for William?and one called Janet.from what i can gather they lived in the Stirling area  and Jim served in the forces at some stage as i have a photo of him in uniform (somewhere tropical with palm trees in background)but have no idea as to which regiment which i have inherited from a relative it seems the family where astranged in some way and it seems a shame that i can find information on my gggggreats but know nothing of this g uncle any help would be greatly appreciated .kind regards aeroqueen

Offline LindsaySiam

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: James Oliver
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 January 06 05:17 GMT (UK) »
There is a record in the Service and War Returns for a James Oliver who died in 1940 aged 24. I hope he was not yours ..

regards,

Lindsay

MORRISON - Dunbartonshire, Stirlingshire
STIRLING - Stirlingshire
LINDSAY - Perthshire
MELDRUM - Fife, Angus
GIBSON - Lanarkshire
HEWITT - Wigtownshire, Lanarkshire
MEIKLE - Dunbartonshire

All census information Crown Copyright

Offline aeroqueen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: James Oliver
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 05 January 06 08:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lindsay
thankyou for replying to my message i willl try to have a look at the record you mention but i have a feeling that he died sometime in the 50's to 60's as i have another photo of him? holding a child that i know was born in the 50's (his niece) .thankyou once again kind regards aeroqueen