Author Topic: Rossinver Graveyard  (Read 7883 times)

Offline pat77

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Rossinver Graveyard
« on: Thursday 05 January 06 19:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi, If anyone knows the graveyard in Rossinver could they check something for me?My grandparents Patrick and Margaret Harte are buried there.They have a headstone and My great-grandfather too-Peter Harte.It's his father i am looking for. I think he must be there also in another grave along with his wife.Their names are Michael and Catherine Harte.He died 2nd June 1898 and she died17th dec 1903.i would be most grateful if anyone could find out for me if they are buried there.Their townland was Coolodonnel.Thank you .Patsyx

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline pat77

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Rossinver Graveyard
« Reply #2 on: Monday 16 November 15 17:46 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for that. The first name on the headstone Peter Harte 1904. His wife Kate (Catherine) maiden name Rooney, where did she get buried? It was after 1935 when she died so why isn't she there ??

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 16 November 15 18:18 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for that. The first name on the headstone Peter Harte 1904. His wife Kate (Catherine) maiden name Rooney, where did she get buried? It was after 1935 when she died so why isn't she there ??

Don't know!

Offline Aaron Clancy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 28 January 17 19:18 GMT (UK) »
Got some old Kabristan Archives books for Leitrim:
There's a Bernard Harte in Kinlough Cemetery. At Killenora RC Cemetery there's Dominick Harte of Muleen in memory of his brothers Martin (died 28 Dec 1871, age 23) & James (died 7 Jul 1873, age 30). Also ? Harte (died 26 May 1865) but apparently the rest is illegible. At Rossinver RC Abbey your ancestor Peter Harte of Raheelin died 6 Nov 1904, age 67 (no mention of wife sorry). At Newtown Manor Carrick Temple RC Graveyard there's a memorial erected by James Harte in memory of his daughter Mary (died 1 Jun 1860, age 2), his wife Jane & their sons John, James, Bernard, Patrick & daughter Mary K. Also John Harte of Banagher who died 4 Jul 1945 & wife Anne who died 7 Aug 1932.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 28 January 17 20:26 GMT (UK) »
She may have remarried?

Offline Carrie7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 14 October 21 01:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Pat7, I believe we share common ancestors.  Michael and Kate Harte are parents of Mary Ellen who I believe to be the spouse of Owen Hart (yes, same name) my gr-gr grandfather.   I'd appreciate the chance to learn what I do you might have on the family.  I fortunately we've hit a dead end with Owen's line.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Muckish the flat-topped mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 14 October 21 10:24 BST (UK) »

Welcome to RootsChat, Carrie7  :)

The OP (pat77) was online yesterday so they should reply soon.

In the meantime, here are some links-

Their names are Michael and Catherine Harte.He died 2nd June 1898 and she died17th dec 1903.

Michael Harte 1898
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1898/05831/4651018.pdf

Catherine Harte 1903
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1904/05637/4586243.pdf

Coolodonnell townland to the west of Kiltyclogher.
https://www.townlands.ie/leitrim/rosclogher/rossinver/ballaghameehan/coolodonnell/

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline pat77

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 14 October 21 22:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Carrie, I don't think we are the same line. I see there was an Owen Hart born in November 1865 at Drumlease and his parents were Michael Hart and Catherine Hart formerly Devaney, Seven years later there was a Mary Ellen Harte born on 14th September 1872 also Drumlease and her parents were John and Bridget Harte (McGaghran). Pat