Author Topic: Williams/hughes/jones  (Read 4000 times)

Offline snowolf

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Williams/hughes/jones
« on: Tuesday 14 September 04 20:15 BST (UK) »
Hi!,
i'm looking for information on my g-grandfather"George  Osborne Williams"(born 1872)
He married "Ann Parry Jones" in 1893,cenarvonshire.
In the 1901 cencus they are listed as having 2 children ..Grace aged 7,and John..aged 5.
However after this i have no clue of their whereabouts!.
I don't know if "George" died ,or divorced "Ann" but  it appears that "Ann" remarried  and her new surname was "Hughes"  and had another son.
She died before 1919 sometime.
I'd be glad of any help at all ...Thankyou
"Durward"... (logie-pert, Dundee, Scotland,& Sydney ,Australia ,New Hampshire , U.S.A ).  "Johnston"..(Logie-pert, "Smith".."Arbuthnott/ monifieth/Montrose/laurencekirk , Scotland) "Kennedy"..(Dundee,Comrie) Scotland  & Australia. "Marshall"..(alloa, Clackmannanshire , Scotland). 
" Myles".. ( Scone, Perthshire , Scotland).
"Edward".. (Kincardneshire ,Dundee,Scotland),  Taylor..(Garvock,Kincardineshire,Scotland) , "Young"..(Kincardineshire),Scotland.
"Robertson"..Perthshire ,Scotland)

Offline D ap D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stuck with John Jones in Wales? Join the club!
    • View Profile
Re: Williams/hughes/jones
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 September 04 08:40 BST (UK) »
Hi snowolf,

not an easy one with Williams, Hughes and Jones. Williams and Jones make up about 75% of the names in my tree, with the large majority being from Caernarfonshire.

You refer to the 1901 census. Can you tell us where they were living? Do you also have the places they were living in 81 and 91? That might just lead to a connection of a rootschatter.

Otherwise, I think the best bet is electoral registers. Another option would be to get in touch with their parish, you could then make an appointment to see the parish registers.

I must admit I'm also having difficulties tracing "modern" relatives. The older ones are much easier.

D ap D

Stuck with:
William Williams of Llanllyfni
John Jones in Llanelli
Evan Evans in Caio
David Davies of Llansanffraid
Evans: Caio/Carms
Jones: CDG, DEN

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Nor do I think that any other nation than this of Wales, or any other tongue, whatever may hereafter come to pass, shall on the day of the great reckoning before the Most High Judge, answer for this corner of the earth": The Old Man of Pencader to Henry II

Offline snowolf

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Williams/hughes/jones
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 September 04 21:12 BST (UK) »
hi!
George ,and Ann lived in London place  (Bawgon?) in 1901 cencus. He was 29 years of age ,his wife 31.
Ann also had 2 sisters , Margaret and Jane , along with 1 brother John jones.
They were born in Llanerchymedd,..Jane was born in Pwllheli.
Their parents in 1881 cencus,Hugh and Grace Jones were listed as fruit dealers.
   thanks for help......snowolf
"Durward"... (logie-pert, Dundee, Scotland,& Sydney ,Australia ,New Hampshire , U.S.A ).  "Johnston"..(Logie-pert, "Smith".."Arbuthnott/ monifieth/Montrose/laurencekirk , Scotland) "Kennedy"..(Dundee,Comrie) Scotland  & Australia. "Marshall"..(alloa, Clackmannanshire , Scotland). 
" Myles".. ( Scone, Perthshire , Scotland).
"Edward".. (Kincardneshire ,Dundee,Scotland),  Taylor..(Garvock,Kincardineshire,Scotland) , "Young"..(Kincardineshire),Scotland.
"Robertson"..Perthshire ,Scotland)