Author Topic: Gibsons Killeshandra  (Read 8563 times)

Offline GillSmith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Gibsons Killeshandra
« on: Wednesday 15 September 04 08:10 BST (UK) »
Does anyone have access to Killeshandra records? I'm trying to trace Gibsons

who lived there until recently. My very elderly neighbour Maureen nee Gibson is anxious for information on her family and I'd love to help her, she's missing Killeshandra alot now and can't get there. Her father was Samuel Gigson born in the 1890's

The address of the Parish (C of I) Church, census returns in fact help with anything would be grand

Thank you

Gill rice

North Wales
Calvert Scotland<br />Coleman Ireland, Flynn Co. Mayo.<br />Gough Ireland,O'Brien,Ireland Smith, Todd Scotland, Tovey Wales and Bedminster, Donley Ireland and Cumbria, Morrine Scotland,Grierson Scotland,Maban Scotland,Bell Scotland, McKie. Hurse from Somerset. Scotland.<br />Johnston Scotland.<br />Hope Scotland<br />Rea Scotland<br />Jardine,Elliot Scotland,Almond,Smith England, Hodges Cheshire.<br />Thompson Northern Ireland,<br />Ireland,Scotland and Wales

Offline kated

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Woman on the ground
    • View Profile
Re: Gibsons Killeshandra
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 September 04 14:21 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I think the Irish census is available on microfilm at your local history centre for 1901 an 1911.

Kate
Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Prior,Blyth,Ellis:Halstead, Ramsey Essex
Blyth,Faeres,Smith:Suffolk
Ballard, Driscoll, Costen,Miller:Kent
Driscoll, Ragan: Cork
Miller: Hardwick
Hardy: Burton, Derby, Ruddington

Offline David Blair

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 07 November 04 18:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gill, I have a copy of the 1841 Killeshandra Censu, I would be happy to do a look-up for you.   Dave Blair Pembroke, MA USA

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 07 February 06 16:30 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone have access to Killeshandra records? I'm trying to trace Gibsons

who lived there until recently. My very elderly neighbour Maureen nee Gibson is anxious for information on her family and I'd love to help her, she's missing Killeshandra alot now and can't get there. Her father was Samuel Gigson born in the 1890's

The address of the Parish (C of I) Church, census returns in fact help with anything would be grand

Thank you

Gill rice

North Wales

Hello Gill,

How is your elderly neighbour Maureen?

I spent some time this morning compiling a message of links about Killeshandra after I had spotted a message about the Lough family who were actively involved in the foemation of the Drummully Co-operative Agricultural and Dairy Society Ltd. in 1896.

The Lough family's home became the Convent of the Holy Rosary Sisters and a fine new building replaced the lovely old house which had been in its place. Sadly the convent had to close in 1985. Some of the nuns moved to a house in Cavan town and others moved to Dublin. The Convent now lies empty but will be remembered by many people who lived or used to live in the area.

I posted a message with containing several links which contain pictures of Killeshandra and the surrounding area. I hope Maureen may be able to visit you to have a look at these pictures.

All the Best, Christopher

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,127325.0.html

Offline DUNMAC

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 24 October 10 03:43 BST (UK) »
This them?

Moderator's Note: Image removed- please see National Archives page here-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Cavan/Killashandra/Killashandra_Town/340743
McDonald: Patterson: Hart: Josey: Provan: Meldrum: Murphy: McIntyre: McEachern:McColl: Cupples: Burt: McCormack: Steele: Laird: Hardie: Robertson: Easton: Sneddon: Skinner: Stark: Shaw: Sanders: Chapman, Gordon, Grant, Littlejohn,  McLeod, McHattie: Younie: Ironside: Spalding, Smith: Mathieson: Ower:
Koens.

Morvern, Argyll: Glasgow, Lanarkshire: Falkirk, & Grangemouth, Kippen, Kilsyth: Stirlingshire: Dumfries & Borders, Scotland & England:
Aberdeenshire: Morayshire: Ireland: Netherlands.

Offline DUNMAC

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 24 October 10 03:58 BST (UK) »

Moderator's Note: Image removed- please see National Archives page here-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Cavan/Killeshandra/Keelagh/1064157
McDonald: Patterson: Hart: Josey: Provan: Meldrum: Murphy: McIntyre: McEachern:McColl: Cupples: Burt: McCormack: Steele: Laird: Hardie: Robertson: Easton: Sneddon: Skinner: Stark: Shaw: Sanders: Chapman, Gordon, Grant, Littlejohn,  McLeod, McHattie: Younie: Ironside: Spalding, Smith: Mathieson: Ower:
Koens.

Morvern, Argyll: Glasgow, Lanarkshire: Falkirk, & Grangemouth, Kippen, Kilsyth: Stirlingshire: Dumfries & Borders, Scotland & England:

Offline alimully

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 24 October 10 09:28 BST (UK) »
Probably a long shot but my cousin married a John Gibson (Known as Freddie, he is in his 60's). They still live in Cavan. If you think this would be a conection, am happy to pass on details, just email me on (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline DUNMAC

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 26 October 10 03:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Gill as it turns out one of my Staffords married a William George Tubman from Killeshandra or close by, it is noted on 1911 Census, he married in 1915 at Billis. Perhaps your friend knew them, or his parents George Tubman & Elizabeth Foster.
                                                               Regards,
                                                                      Duncan.
Koens.

Offline neil maughan

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 12 September 11 09:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Gill, just joined and this is my first search, I'm trying to trace a Maureen Janet Gibson and saw that you know a Maureen Gibson,,,it's a long shot but felt it was worth a try! * would ring a bell with her..

regards Neil

* see next reply