Author Topic: Benjamin Ferguson  (Read 8169 times)

Offline Kilsyth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Benjamin Ferguson
« Reply #18 on: Friday 21 October 16 07:37 BST (UK) »
At the moment I have no more information on John's parents. I really wanted confirmation of them from his death certificate. I have seen a possible death cert but parent's names were unknown by the person who recorded the death and was not a family member. Have you found any members of the familly leaving Scotland?

Offline agnesbrown

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 21 October 16 08:21 BST (UK) »
Searching for information on Henry Brown and Margaret Mackie who had a daughter and three sons- David (b.1804), James (b.1810), and John (b.1811) born in Bothwell. David married Agnes Wilson on 13.01.1828 in Coatbridge.

saw this on Curious fox website. Maybe the way ti find John is via his brother? I dont know.

Offline Jublinterre

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 17 June 19 12:06 BST (UK) »
Interesting. I have been trying to find JOHN BROWN born 1811 in the death indexes on Scotlandspeople for some time. No joy so far.

Online Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 04 August 19 05:36 BST (UK) »
Hello. I am interested in William  Ferguson married to Mary Lambie. Do you know the parents of William?
the reason for my interest is that I have just learned that Bettie Ferguson from the Cookstown area (I think) eloped with our Samuel Caulfield abt 1785. She was supposed to be the daughter of Lord Ferguson and my estimate of her birth is abt 1765. I can find nothing about her but your Fergusons are in the right area. If William was born 1807, he could be a younger generation of the same family. His  father might be born abt 1780ish.
Anxiously awaiting your reply
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline Corporal18

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 14 November 19 09:05 GMT (UK) »
Hello Peggy

Just seen and read your post. Sorry I don’t know parents of William Ferguson. Do you by any chance have info on Mary’s daughter, Jane? Jane born before 1834 but not sure if William was the father.

Jane married in 1856 in Scotland giving her name as Jane Devine with her mother listed as Mary Devine.
Happy to exchange further information with you.

Online Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 14 November 19 19:51 GMT (UK) »
I am sorry. All I have on the Ferguson family is that Bettie, daughter of Lord Ferguson, eloped with Samuel Caulfield, the groomsman abt 1785. Recently, I was told it was actually James Caulfield that she eloped with. They had daughters Jane, Mary, Bettie, Margaret and son James. I thought perhaps if the father was Lord Ferguson, there would be much info online but I have found none. Daughter Bettie married a Mr. Hamilton, probably abt 1825, whose name I am guessing was John, but I have never found his first name anywhere. Hamilton children were Henry born 1829, Margaret born 1826, and Ann born abt 1832.
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline Valba

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 25 July 21 09:49 BST (UK) »
sorry mis-post