Author Topic: Johannes Weyrauch of Bavaria and Pennsylvania  (Read 2425 times)

Offline Neko

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Johannes Weyrauch of Bavaria and Pennsylvania
« on: Monday 09 January 06 23:17 GMT (UK) »
I would dearly love to find this family's church records in Germany and get the research moving again.

most of what I know about Johannes Weyrauch is his naturalization papers and his itemization from his will-the will itself appears to have been lost.

my sources for his children are from data shared by cousins of mine, census records and a few documents on my own line (Francis John Wyruck)

they are not in the IGI in German church records. an LDS friend of mine put them in the IGI for me, but the records haven't appeared in the IGI.

family stories have them out of Alsace. sometimes the census says Germany, sometimes France, once it says Bavaria, and occasionally it says Pennsylvania for family members born before Johannes and Mary came to America. it all depends on who gave the census taker the information.

here is what I've managed to cobble together on Johannes and his family here in America. not the surname spelling variants.

Johannes (aka John) Weyrauch
b. abt 1785 Scheichen, Bavaria?
d. abt 1845 Centre or Cambria Co., PA
m. in Germany
to Mary __________
b.
d. before 1835? in Centre Co., PA
their known and suspected children (* next to suspected);
*George Wyrough b. 1800-1810 Alsace/Germany
Caroline Wyrough b. 1814 Alsace/Germany
Magdelene Wyrough b. May 1816 Alsace/Germany
*John Weyrauch b. 1820 Alsace/Germany
Michael Matthew Wyrough b. 23 Mar 1823 Alsace/Germany
Francis John Wyruck b. 27 Apr 1826 Alsace/Germany
Jacob Wyrouck b. 23 Sep 1832 Bellefonte, Centre, Pennsylvania

George m., I believe in Germany, and had 6 children by 1840. he then simply vanishes. he is only in the 1840 census-he and John (Johannes) are listed in Spring twp in the 1834 tax list;

1840 Spring, Centre, PA
listed as George Wisick in Ancestry's index
George Wirick 0010010000000||2300010000000

Caroline m. Johann Theobold Schabacher and though they had only one child, they have many descendants. they settled in Cambria Co., PA

Magdelene m. Jacob Klein. they settled in Iowa. she died relatively young and they have a few descendants

John appears to have never married. he is found only in Cambria Co., near where some of the Wyrough's settled.

Michael Mathew settled in Blair Co., PA and m. Eleanora McShane and they have many descendants

Francis John removed to Missouri and m. Nancy Jane Moore there. they were involved in the secessionist struggles and fled to Kansas, then removed to California where Nancy died. Francis later married my grandmother, Alice Augusta Collins and there are a few descendants of that marriage. there are none by his previous marriage, though he had six healthy children by his first wife, all of whom grew up and married.

Jacob went with the Mormon's on the Mormon trail as a hunter. he settled in Minnesota and m. Nancy Jane Howe and there are a number of descendants from them.

thank you for reading this and for any help breaking down my German brick wall.

Schweigen is on the German/Alsace border and is the closest name in the area to Scheichen, but it may be the wrong town.
Airey Aitken Atkinson Alston Barr*tt Cross Freeman Gage Harlock Harris Hawkins Head Hudd Parker Peckover Pennington Rayner Richards Seaman Smith Smyth Waterfall

Elizabeth Burnham, Mary Church, John Davis Cooper, Hannah Cork, Aubrey Cross, Mary J. Docwra, Elizabeth Griffiths, Chas Halifax, John Head, Lavinia King, Mary & Martha Mayhew, Alfred Augustus Mayo, Wm Pettit, Hezekiah Richards, Martha Sewell, Rebecca Sidnell, Hannah Smith, Augustin Smyth, Annie Southan, Catherine Till/Tell, Fanny Watt