Author Topic: Bourdot Family in Belfast  (Read 22997 times)

Offline Infobunny

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Plant more trees!
    • View Profile
Re: Bourdot Family in Belfast
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 19 January 06 05:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi there all,

There has been a complete flurry of activity on the Canadian Emigrants board which has turned up someone I can't place.

Can anyone please help me to find a Hector Bourdot born in Ireland before 1890?  I can't figure out where he comes from in terms of the family so I'm very interested to see if anyone else can locate him for me.  Most likely to be Northern Ireland but I'm willing to consider all of Ireland just to find him.

Cheers

Bunny
Finey - Hants, Sussex, Portsmouth area
Squire - Devon
Jackson - London
Leach/Prague - India
Bourdot - N.Ireland/France
McKinley - N.Ireland
Quelch - Northamptonshire

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 20 November 07 05:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bunny,

I've linked this thread to your Battle of Carrickfergus 1760 - POWs in Belfast thread.

Christopher

Offline Infobunny

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Plant more trees!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 20 November 07 05:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Christopher,

You're an ace! ;)  Glad someone knows how to do these things  ;D

Oh and as for Hector Bourdot above...it's actually Hester Bourdot who was born around 1878 in Belfast, NI.  Any hope of anyone locating a birth????  Or an emigration???  Emigation around 1892 to Canada somehow.

Cheers
Bunny
Squire - Devon
Jackson - London
Leach/Prague - India
McKinley - N.Ireland

Offline Spike_nz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Bourdot Family
« Reply #39 on: Sunday 03 January 10 23:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Infobunny Im new to Rootschat, but I found your posts regarding the Bourdot family thru google. although the posts were back in 2006 :)

Im researching the Fright Family, and I believe two of my great grandads sisters married two of Samuel Ralston Bourdots son's....

Samuel Ralston Bourdot to Annie Fright in 1888 in NZ and
Albert Bourdot to Emma Fright in 1892 in NZ

So anyway I am curious to find out about them especially after both of their wifes died young?

I think Samuel is burried in Auckland, but what happened to Albert ? I know he was involved in the Canterbury native rifles.

Any help would be much appreciated
 -- Jessica

Offline Infobunny

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Plant more trees!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Sunday 03 January 10 23:57 GMT (UK) »
Hey Jessica,

Welcome to Rootschat and the family!!!  Nice to meet you cuzzie! ;D  Don't worry, chick, the Bourdot brothers weren't axe murderers or anything.  Poor Annie and Emma were victims of medicine's inability to save them from what are now very simple, but still risky things.  Annie died from pelvic cellulitis (let me know if you figure out what that actually means), and Emma I think died in childbirth (very hard to tell).  Both brothers married again and died in Auckland.

Hey let us know if we can help with anything you need.  You can post topics on the NZ Board as well.  Your personal messaging icon (the little green scroll under your user name) will only become active once you have posted three times.  Then you can talk in private to me and anyone else....like my/our cousin Maryanne who is desperate to say welcome to you as well!  ;)

Go for it Mare!

I have Fright family stuff too.  Need time to find it but I also have stuff on computer.  Just ask away.

Cheers
Bunny 8)
Squire - Devon
Jackson - London
Leach/Prague - India
McKinley - N.Ireland

Offline mare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Monday 04 January 10 00:10 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Bunny  ;)

Welcome to RootsChat Jessica  :)
 I naturally get all excited when I see the name come up, being unusual as it is, and this occasion was no exception! I have visited O'Neill's Point on several occasions to find the Bourdot plots there and photograph them, they took some finding and that is all they are, grassy plots and no headstones sadly.
Haven't yet been out to Waikumete to find Albert's plot but believe it also has no headstone ... neither does my Gdad Fred's plot at Hillsborough  :(

Bunny has helped me with most of what I know! I knew nothing at all of the Fright sisters or their family.

Look forward to more postings ...  :) mare

Offline Spike_nz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Monday 04 January 10 03:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi cousins Bunny (and Maryanne)

WoW. I did have a surspicion that, at least one of them could have died in childbirth. I knew that Emma died of a brief and painfull illness according to her death notice from the paper, but Pelvic Celultis how did you find that out.
I was guessing appendicitis, which is what her brother died of.
I think Pelvic Celulitis is a bacterial infection of the tissues.

I found an article in the Cyclopaedia of New Zealand from 1903 about Albert Bourdot and his involvement in Christchurch with the rifles. Did he join the Army in WW1 was that how he got to look after Count von Luckner?
I've had a bit of a look around but can't seem to find where he is burried?

It would be nice to chat, one msg away and I guess I’ll see the message Icon you were telling me about.

Offline Spike_nz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Monday 04 January 10 03:53 GMT (UK) »
Lol I keep getting Annie and Emma mixed up, take the Emma out of my last post and put Annie in its place. I've just Realised the mistake while sitting here pondering  :D

Offline mare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Monday 04 January 10 05:18 GMT (UK) »
You're right about the cellulitis being an infection Jessica, it was quite a common ailment and for some reason we're hearing of it a lot again as it seems to be quite prevalent. It can cause inflammation around any broken skin/wound and treated quite seriously, requiring hospitilisation if not contained quickly.

...also when info is flooding in it is very easy to get a bit overwhelmed and not easy to absorb all at once  ;)

Pretty sure Albert is at Waikumete, cemetery records came on line 2009, one day I'll get over there and explore... it's a huge Auckland cemetery and I have a few others to look up. As far as I know there is no headstone.

:) mare