Author Topic: Bourdot Family in Belfast  (Read 23003 times)

Offline Infobunny

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Plant more trees!
    • View Profile
Re: Bourdot Family in Belfast
« Reply #63 on: Monday 09 May 11 08:50 BST (UK) »
Hi again Peter,

I've just noticed that your little green scroll has activated!  It's the small green thing below your user name.  If you want to ask questions or pass information privately (like email addresses, etc) all you have to do is click on the scroll and you will be sent to a message page.  It's completely private and no-one else can see it except for you and the person you are messaging.

Cool, huh?

Bunny 8)
Finey - Hants, Sussex, Portsmouth area
Squire - Devon
Jackson - London
Leach/Prague - India
Bourdot - N.Ireland/France
McKinley - N.Ireland
Quelch - Northamptonshire

Offline Mark Cooke

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday 08 May 19 15:45 BST (UK) »
Hi infobunny

I tried to get through on another thread about your search for information on the Boudot family.

I done research for a project a couple of months back on the battle of Carrickfergus, my home town.

Since then i have found and stood beside the grave of Nicholas Bourdot.

I know he went on to be a barber and also a perfumery! I've even been to the site of his shop in Belfast.

This information gives ground to the fact that there was a war and it should be honoured in Carrickfergus.

Hopefully speak soon.

Mark

Offline mare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Friday 10 May 19 14:23 BST (UK) »
Hi there Mark 

Acknowledging your post here on this thread, as Sarah has mentioned on the Carrickfergus one, Bunny was online earlier in February but hasn't visited RC since then ... though I'm sure it won't be for lack of interest in what you have to share of your research project.

My daughters visited Belfast from NZ at Easter 2012 and also found and stood beside the grave of Nicholas Bourdot.

:) mare