Author Topic: Denbighshire Parish records - Dr. Evan Pierce  (Read 10745 times)

Offline barbwiles

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Denbighshire Parish records - Dr. Evan Pierce
« Reply #9 on: Monday 30 January 17 23:47 GMT (UK) »
Dr Evan Pearce is my  5 times great grandfather.  As far as I know he had 6 children.   Evan jr, John, Robert , Henry, Mary and Caroline.       Evan(jr) Had 1 son.    Robert had 2 children. Caroline had 4 children.    One of my aunts told me that Dr Evan Pearce lived at Conway Castle, plus had some influence in finding the cure of Cholera.   

Offline Raido

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 08 February 17 11:10 GMT (UK) »
Dr Evan Pearce is my  5 times great grandfather.  As far as I know he had 6 children.   Evan jr, John, Robert , Henry, Mary and Caroline.       Evan(jr) Had 1 son.    Robert had 2 children. Caroline had 4 children.    One of my aunts told me that Dr Evan Pearce lived at Conway Castle, plus had some influence in finding the cure of Cholera.   

Hi barbwiles, good to hear from you.

Evan Pierce sounds like a remarkable man. I haven't really done much more research into Evan Pierce but if this is of any help I did discover that Ann Williams, the mother of Calvinistic Methodist minister Henry Rees, also lived at Cefn Fforest.

http://yba.llgc.org.uk/en/s-REES-HEN-1798.html

Thus, I do wonder whether this Ann Williams is related to William Williams of Cefn Fforest mentioned earlier in this thread. One clue maybe is that William Williams' grandson William Jones married Helena Evans, the granddaughter of the congregational minister Owen Evans.

http://yba.llgc.org.uk/en/s-EVAN-OWE-1829.html

Offline Sarah Gould

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 14 September 17 16:09 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone. 

I have just signed up to this site and noticed messages about Dr Pierce of Denbigh, whom I am also researching. 

Dr Evan Pierce was born in Prion on February 11 1808, to Thomas and Mary Pierce.  They moved to Plas Meiford, Henllan in 1812 and owned it, I think.  He became a Doctor, Mayor of Denbigh, JP and Coroner.  He lived at Salusbury Place, Vale Street, Denbigh and died on March 15 1895.  He married in 1888 and did not have any legitimate children.  He is not the Evan Pierce whose parents were Joseph and Ann.  He would not have become a Doctor had his father been a labourer.  His parents were yeoman farmers.  I'm interested in his siblings. (I am having problems sending messages, so may have sent it to the site, if so, sorry)

Sarah Gould

Offline Jennifer Jones

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 10 November 20 21:35 GMT (UK) »
HI. I would really appreciate some help in filling the gaps within my family on my mothers side. We are doing our family tree and unfortunately my mother passed away this year and I have some questions, that never managed to ask her.
Many years ago my mother Elizabeth Parry 22/04/1940 took us to see a statue in Denbigh of Dr Evan Pierce, and I remember her saying that there was some link with the statue and my grandfathers side of the family . My grandfather was Edward John Parry (1908-1986) and his father , my great grandfather, was Pierce Parry ( 8.01.1874 ) We are struggling to find out about Pierce , we only know that he married Annie ( 13.02.1880).  My grandfather,  Edward John Parry was from N Wales but settled in Liverpool. He was a grocer and managed canteens on navy boats during WW2.
So , what we  think we do know ! We know that DR Evan Pierce delivered an illegitimate baby born John Rowlands( 1841) and later know as Henry Morton Stanley to mother Elizabeth Parry (1820-1886) who didn’t keep her baby. John was brought up by his maternal grandfather Moses Parry (1784) but he died when John was aged 5years and John went into the workhouse. Elizabeth went on to have 2 other children ( ½ siblings to John ) Did she marry? Change her name?
We think Elizabeth was one of 5 children (4 siblings) Mary, Maria, Moses, and Thomas.?
We are therefore trying to find out any information about my great grandfather  Pierce and Annie  Parry and their family. We would also like to see if our family name PARRY is linked in any way to the story above re Evan and Elizabeth .
Any info would be greatly appreciated

Offline davadadof2

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 18 May 21 16:35 BST (UK) »
Hello...
Dr. Evan Pierce is my Great,Great Uncle, his sister Mary Pierce is my Great,Great Grandmother, she married a Williams, my surname, so I would like to learn something about him, my Great,Great Grandfather... they had 1 son Dr. Evan Pierce Williams...
Any help or information would be greatly appreciated