Author Topic: 1841 Census - CRUMP - Dilwyn area  (Read 1029 times)

Offline bwgan ceredig

• RootsChat Senior
  • They can 'do' 20 generations each!
    • View Profile
1841 Census - CRUMP - Dilwyn area
« on: Wednesday 11 January 06 11:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I hope this is the right board as this one is on the borders ::)

Anyway, I would be really grateful for a lookup for James Crump and wife Charlotte.  He would have been born in approx 1816 and she would have been about 1812.  He was born in dilwyn and she was born in Lyonshall.  Their daughter (not born until 1852 so don't look for her  ;D) was born in Clyro, so they may have been there.  :-\ ::)

He was a journeyman mason if that is any help.

I have a marriage (and am just about to send for cert!) in June 1/4 1839 Presteigne reg district.  :)

What I am really aiming for is where they were and whether any family was near, but anything anyone can provide would be much appreciated  ;D :)

Thanks

Julie  :)
Stiff - Monmouthshire & Glos, Parry - Monmouthshire
Stafford - Glos, Liles - Glos, Bright- Glos, Webb - Monmouthshire & Glos, Smart - Glos, Smith - Glos
Sullivan - Ireland, Jones (oh dear! Almost as bad as Smith), Walker - Somerset, Llewellyn
And, no don't laugh...Crump...I think it's great!

And of course, if I ever do manage to do a successful look up it is crown copyright and all that legal stuff!

Seriously Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline DS

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Census - CRUMP - Dilwyn area
« Reply #1 on: Friday 23 June 06 10:50 BST (UK) »
Hello Julie.

It is a while since you asked the question but if you are still interested this may help.

On the 1841 census James and Charlotte CRAMP were living at Hay, Clyro, Radnorshire, Wales (HO107/2449).

I am fairly certain that these are the family that you were looking for (spelled wrong).

I presume you have got them on later censuses living in Trevethin, Pontypool.

DS
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Puffcat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 23 June 06 18:07 BST (UK) »

James and Charlotte were married at Lyonshall so the marriage certificate will be available from :

Kington Register Office
Old Court House
Market Hall Street
Kington
HR35 3PD

Ref L1/15

Offline Puffcat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 23 June 06 18:19 BST (UK) »
A William Crump was baptised at Dilwyn in August 1808 son of William and Mary Crump and appears to have a number of sbilings.

William Crump married Mary Kinnersley Rogers at Dilwyn in 1790

Offline bwgan ceredig

• RootsChat Senior
  • They can 'do' 20 generations each!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 04 July 06 21:41 BST (UK) »
Hi EBN & DS

Sorry I have been so long getting back to you...haven't been 'around' for a while  :(.  Thank you ever so much for the info  ;D...really useful (and got me fired up a bit again! ;D!)

Yes I have got the later info  ;)

*Thinks to self* Right where's that file....

Thanks again

Julie
Stiff - Monmouthshire & Glos, Parry - Monmouthshire
Stafford - Glos, Liles - Glos, Bright- Glos, Webb - Monmouthshire & Glos, Smart - Glos, Smith - Glos
Sullivan - Ireland, Jones (oh dear! Almost as bad as Smith), Walker - Somerset, Llewellyn
And, no don't laugh...Crump...I think it's great!

And of course, if I ever do manage to do a successful look up it is crown copyright and all that legal stuff!

Seriously Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk