Author Topic: Jane Bell  (Read 5097 times)

Offline Welsh Chris

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Jane Bell
« on: Wednesday 15 September 04 16:42 BST (UK) »
I am researching Jane Bell who was born in 1829 in Gavingill Kirkbean Kirkcudbright . She married Thomas Toolan in 1850 and the family moved to Lancashire. I have traced Thomas's family back to Applegarth but I have had no luck tracing Jane's parents. Any info welcome!
THOMAS - Swansea/Llanelli. FORSE - Devon/Canada/USA. Toolan(various spellings) - Scotland/Lancashire. CUDMORE - Devon. MOGRIDGE - Devon. WALDRON - Devon. WARNER - England/Wales. WILLIAMS - Swansea.

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Bell
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 15 January 05 00:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Chris

Sorry we haven't been able to help you so far on this one. 

Have you made any progress,  or do you have any further details that could help someone to find what you are looking for?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes 

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline GillSmith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 27 March 05 21:23 BST (UK) »
I am researching the name Bell from around the same area

I have a Bell and Jardine marriage and Bell and Grierson

If I see any links I'll let you know

Gill in Wales

PS I am in Kirkcudbrigh in two weeks
If you send me a bit more info I'll look for you with my own research when I go
Calvert Scotland<br />Coleman Ireland, Flynn Co. Mayo.<br />Gough Ireland,O'Brien,Ireland Smith, Todd Scotland, Tovey Wales and Bedminster, Donley Ireland and Cumbria, Morrine Scotland,Grierson Scotland,Maban Scotland,Bell Scotland, McKie. Hurse from Somerset. Scotland.<br />Johnston Scotland.<br />Hope Scotland<br />Rea Scotland<br />Jardine,Elliot Scotland,Almond,Smith England, Hodges Cheshire.<br />Thompson Northern Ireland,<br />Ireland,Scotland and Wales

Offline Welsh Chris

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 14 April 05 20:46 BST (UK) »
Thanks so much for your interest. First apologies for taking so long to reply - changed my computer and made the big mistake of not recording favourite sites or e-mail addresses and couldn't remember passwords. Never mind, back with you now. Jane's husband was Thomas Toolan but I've seen the name spelled Toulan, Tollin, Towlan and Towland.  Their children were William b1853, John b1850 Kelton Kirkcudbright, Thomas b1855, margaret Grant b1857, janet born Sanquar 1859, james Seaton b1862, William Bell Barnes b1864 Campsie, Agnes jane b1868 and Annie b1870. Perhaps the surnames used as Christian names give a clue? Thanks
THOMAS - Swansea/Llanelli. FORSE - Devon/Canada/USA. Toolan(various spellings) - Scotland/Lancashire. CUDMORE - Devon. MOGRIDGE - Devon. WALDRON - Devon. WARNER - England/Wales. WILLIAMS - Swansea.