Author Topic: Monica helica  (Read 1910 times)

Offline nutkin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My reason for digging! Two nutkins!
    • View Profile
Re: Monica helica
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 22 January 06 23:50 GMT (UK) »
Let me know if you need anything else.  Might be able to dig up some more!- Kristin
George William Burke.. my missing link!! son of Wm Burke & Mary Jane Stone/Morris
Shields & Milner- Patrington  & Bilton, Yorkshire<br />Nixon & Bowers - Appleby, Broughton & Messingham, Lincolnshire<br />Hancock &Tyson- Tetford, Skendleby & Spilsby, Lincolnshire<br />Cochrane- Darvel, Loudon, Ayrshire<br />Yuill, Hardie- Paisley, Renfrewshire<br />Kennedy, Gardener & Clelland- Glasgow, Lanarkshire & Paisley, Renfrewshire<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchive

Offline Swally

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 23 January 06 18:51 GMT (UK) »
Nutkin,

you are a wee star so you are, a big thankyou for your efforts so far.......

You are going to wish you never offered to help.....I'll haunt you lol

There is one wee bit of info that I need-

My great uncle Alexander and his wife Agnes (Bowie) Allan  went to USA in the 1900s.  I have them on passenger lists going back and forwards to the States from Liverpool.  They went back to USA in 1921 for the last time and settled Philadelphia.  We have Alexander and his son Robert on the 1930 US census but he has re-married to a lady named Helen with possibly a German surname (she was born in Germany).  Through the powers of deduction and a wee bit of family folklore Agnes was still alive in 1925 as she is in a photograph but looks quite ill.  A member of the family (cousin) seems to remember she died (he died this week so can't ask him further) Alexander treasured and kept a watch that he had given to his late wife so I would think that the possibility of them divorcing as remote.

This would possibly narrow down her death to at most a 4 year period
1925 - 1929, he surely must have had a year to mourn before he remarried ?

On the 1930 Census he is noted as staying at North Orianna Street, Philadelphia City, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Agnes (Bowie) Allan was born in Newmilns, Ayrshire, Scotland in 27th September 1881.
Alexander was born in Aberdeen 1/3/1887 to Robert & Elspeth (Gordon) Allan.

I wouldn't drill down on their dates of birth that much as they seem to forget them and invent new ones.

I wouldn't have imagined that they recently moved there....but you never know.

If you could find-

1) the death of Agnes Allan
2) the subsequent marriage of Alexander & Helen
3) the possibility of any children to these two
4) the subsequent deaths of Alexander & Helen

I know I have set you a bit of a task, but as you are a wee star I know that you shall be able to help me out.

Regards,

Your Pal,

Swally ( Alistair)

Offline nutkin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My reason for digging! Two nutkins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 26 January 06 02:41 GMT (UK) »
I would not be much help in getting the Pennsylvania vital records. I have not been able to find any free ones on line.  You might want to contact the state and have them do a search for a fee.  Narrow down the dates by census, ages of children etc.  In the US, vitals are filed in the city or town and the state should receive a copy.  Since you are not sure of the town, then contact the state.

http://www.dsf.health.state.pa.us/health/cwp/view.asp?a=168&Q=229939&healthRNavradE82F7=%7C

If the event was in Philadelphia, then oyu may need to contact the city.
http://genealogy.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://www.phila.gov/phils/Docs/Inventor/genealgy.htm
George William Burke.. my missing link!! son of Wm Burke & Mary Jane Stone/Morris
Shields & Milner- Patrington  & Bilton, Yorkshire<br />Nixon & Bowers - Appleby, Broughton & Messingham, Lincolnshire<br />Hancock &Tyson- Tetford, Skendleby & Spilsby, Lincolnshire<br />Cochrane- Darvel, Loudon, Ayrshire<br />Yuill, Hardie- Paisley, Renfrewshire<br />Kennedy, Gardener & Clelland- Glasgow, Lanarkshire & Paisley, Renfrewshire<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchive

Offline Swally

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 27 January 06 16:14 GMT (UK) »
Nutkin,

a big thanks once again.

I have cousins in New Yoik (sp) it is their grandfather who is Alexander Allan, so it may be better coming from them as they are direct decendants.
Plus we don't have to wait for mail to travel back and forward across the pond.

I thought I might have had a pull with the Alexanders from Minca Helica but nothing to date.

All the best always,

Swally