Author Topic: Horncastle Cemetery Holy Trinity  (Read 17246 times)

Offline sue 1950

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Horncastle Cemetery Holy Trinity
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 04 October 06 23:27 BST (UK) »
What years were your family in Horncastle, I have a few old photo's of Horncastle if you let me have your email addy I will send them to you
Sue........
Researching Dixon Dawson Wood Wilkinson Wackett from Lincolnshire (Caistor area) Ringrose Higgs Riddington Lord Burley from Leicester (Countesthorpe) Holmes Abbott Ringrose Motson from Beverley and Hull Leics. Fawcett Fenwick Hare Mareham Le Fen Revesby Horncastle Lincolnshire.

Offline Dianne

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 05 October 06 04:57 BST (UK) »
Hello Sue again

My 7 x GT  Grandfather  Edward Vessey was married in Stallingborough 1732 My 6 x GT  Grandfather  Edward VESSEY born    in  Stallingborough         1732
My 5 x GT Grandfather William VEssey born in     Stallingborough      1756
My 4Gt Grandfather   William Vessey born in  Horncastle       1782
 My 3 x  Gt.Grandfather  Charles Vessey born in Horncastle       1812
MY 2nd GT GrandfatherWilliam Vessey born Horncastle 1847
 My grandfather Cecil Vessey born  1880 Bexley Kent(immigrated to NZ1910
MY father Lawrence Vesey Born  1913 New Zealand
Thats my family,

I have been branchng out on to all the above wives and their familys  etc. and some with 12 children you can imaginie how big my tree is. I never meant to get it so large, but I keep coming up with new finds ???? and I just have to put them in.
The people on Rootschat have been a tremendous help to me.

Bye
DIANNE

Vessey,Evison,Belcher,Markham, Mumby(all Lincolnshire)

Offline sue 1950

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 05 October 06 08:34 BST (UK) »
Morning Diane
I have sent you an email with your address can you let me know if I have the address right I can then start sending you some old photos
Sue
Researching Dixon Dawson Wood Wilkinson Wackett from Lincolnshire (Caistor area) Ringrose Higgs Riddington Lord Burley from Leicester (Countesthorpe) Holmes Abbott Ringrose Motson from Beverley and Hull Leics. Fawcett Fenwick Hare Mareham Le Fen Revesby Horncastle Lincolnshire.

Offline Dianne

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 05 October 06 09:42 BST (UK) »
Evening Sue.
Received your e-mail.
All correct
Dianne
Vessey,Evison,Belcher,Markham, Mumby(all Lincolnshire)

Offline sue 1950

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 27 July 09 23:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Dianne
I have just been doing a bit of research for my aunty her relations are Vessy's her gt x 3 grandad was William Vessey bn 1756 (married Jane Mumby )Stallingborough her gt x 2 grandad was Joseph who married Mary Emmerson, does this fit on your tree?
Sue
I don't think I ever sent you the photo in Stanhope Road if you still want it I will send you it I live nearly opposite

Offline Edward Scott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 22 December 11 11:36 GMT (UK) »

The graves are no longer insitu, one or 2 are free standing, the rest removed, there are 2 areas where they have survived, the first area are all relating the the Jobson family

This is from quite an old post, but I just wondered if there is anyone in or around Horncastle who could help me with photos of any remaining Jobson memorials. We were in Horncastle 2 years ago and had a look for Jobson memorials at Holy Trinity and must have missed the 'Jobson area'. My wife is descended from the Horncastle Jobson's.

many thanks

Edward
Scott - Lincolnshire
Jobson - Lincolnshire, Suffolk
Needham - Lincolnshire
Wayet - Lincolnshire

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sue 1950

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 30 December 11 23:41 GMT (UK) »
What Jobsons are you interested in as I think there are some graves at the cemetery, I KNOW ONE OF THE jOBSONS AVE QUITE ALOT OF MONEY TO THE hORNCASTLE PEOPLE OF THE TOWN.
sUE

Offline Edward Scott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 31 December 11 19:01 GMT (UK) »
In terms of the gravestones /memorials, I am interested in any relating to the Jobson family.

As far as the 'money' you mentioned, George Jobson created a charity in his will for the benefit of the people of Horncastle together with annual bequests for the singing of carols over his fathers & brothers graves, ringing of the church bells and prizes for the Grammar School. If you are interested, I'll go through his multi page will & pick out the relevant bits.

I am just rather annoyed that we didn't find the graves at Holy Trinity, hence the request for help with photos.

Edward
Scott - Lincolnshire
Jobson - Lincolnshire, Suffolk
Needham - Lincolnshire
Wayet - Lincolnshire

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sue 1950

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 31 December 11 20:06 GMT (UK) »
I do know that eorge is buried at the cemetery because I have seen the headstone, didnt you get to the cemetery? I will pop up and take photos if you want.....My husband is a bel riner anf he gets £50 per year from the trust. I have seen a photo somewhere of this family I think they lived in Queen Street