Author Topic: Lamper birth/baptism  (Read 2167 times)

Offline Theli p

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Lamper birth/baptism
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 28 January 06 22:29 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Andrea and Nell,
There is no suitable Alice lamper in the 1891 census. I have found all the Lamper deaths from 1895 - 1901 and there were no possible matches as they were all female!

The James lamper living next door is the one I am actually interested in. He was my great grandfather. He 'married' Hannah Trangmar but I cannot find a marriage record so cannot confirm who she was. I think her parents were William and Ann but have no proof. The other problem is that he appears to have been married to Ann Trangmer first but she may actually have been Hannah.

Their first son was Alfred H born 1869 London Middlesex but James was listed as unmarried in 1871 so Alfred could have been a Trangmer. Once again I have searched everywhere for a record of his birth using all possible names in all possible places but no luck. Obviously if I could send for his birth cert I could check his mothers name. I have sent for other certs and the mothers names are given as Hannah on some and Ann on others. I have just sent for another in the hope that it gives me more information.

I was trying to find out about the Lampers living next door because I thought that the dates meant that Alice could possibly have been the widow of the elusive Alfred. I cannot find a record of their marriage, or their childrens' births or a possible death for Alices's husband. Whichever way I approach this I come to a dead end.

Surely some of these events should have been recorded?

Anyway thanks for your suggestions. I have tried them all now and am no further forward that is why I hoped someone could help with baptisms.

Bye for now. Must get to bed.
Thelma
Lamper, Hoather,Trangmar,Hide, Hollingdale, Sussex
Dinkele, Galer London
Pope, Beaven, Button, Somerset
Walker, Rochdale
Simcock, Cheshire/Staffs
Burrow, Goodwin, Worcester
Pound,Naish, Wilkey,  Bristol

Offline Patsy Anne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 20 October 16 10:26 BST (UK) »
Hello Theli
I hope you pick this up.  I still have had no luck with Alfred Lamper but I have found his "wife" Alice and the three children. Alice was born Alice Blake and had Frank out of wedlock. Shortly afterwards she married Harry Halford Trangmar and they had two daughters, Florence and Margaret Alice. Harry died in 1900. In the 1901 census the whole family is using the name Lamper.  This name also appears on all the death and marriage certificates I have.  So I have solved some of the problem but not Alfred Lamper.  Harry Trangmar's father was James Trangmar. The Lampers and the Trangmars seem to be very closely knit.
Regards
Patsy Anne

Offline Theli p

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 20 October 16 10:46 BST (UK) »
Thank you for that information. The plot thickens! I will have to go back to my Lamper/Trangmar information to see if I can work out what was going on.
Lamper, Hoather,Trangmar,Hide, Hollingdale, Sussex
Dinkele, Galer London
Pope, Beaven, Button, Somerset
Walker, Rochdale
Simcock, Cheshire/Staffs
Burrow, Goodwin, Worcester
Pound,Naish, Wilkey,  Bristol