Author Topic: James Mutch burial or death record 1776-1863  (Read 6673 times)

Offline Triumph

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James Mutch burial or death record 1776-1863
« on: Wednesday 18 January 06 17:16 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for the burial or/and death record for James Mutch 1776-1863, who was married to Elspeth Mitchell( no dates) James died at his sons home on Dec. 29, 1863.  His son Alexander in 1929 lived at Woodside, Mains of Auquharney, Cruden, Aberdeen.  Alexander  ( 1803-1875)was married to Christina Grant ( 1806-1877).  James had 4 other children : William (1806-1872) m to Mary Shand(1860-1870),Isabell (1808-1882) m to Andrew Gray( died 1871), Thomas (1814-1892), John (1818-1885) 1st Isabella Simpson ( no dates) 2nd Elsie Wallace ( no dates). William lived in Logie Buchan, Ellon in 1929.  John lived in Earseat, Cruden, Isabella lived in Hawkhillock, Slains moved to Ellon after death of Andrew Gray and died at her son's (Andrew) home in Upper Brogan, Slains, Feb. 18, 1882.  Any help on this line would be great. Thank you

Offline moscan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The next generation
    • View Profile
Re: James Mutch burial or death record 1776-1863
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 02 March 06 21:08 GMT (UK) »
On James's Death Cert his parents are listed as being William Mutch Farmer and ---- Mutch nee Murison, the death was registered by his son John.

I did find a death of a Margaret Mutch nee Mitchell wife of James Mutch Cruden farmer, not sure if its yours I know you and the James's death Cert said Elsbeth but... if you want info do get in touch

I did find this marriage it could be your family

10 Sept 1803 James Mutch married Elsbeth Michel (sic) in Peterhead

GROS ref 232/00002

Sorry could not help more

Best wishes

Mo
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br /><br />Researching: - Freear, Walker, Aston, Scanlan, Courtney, Lowth, O’Sulivan, McDonnell, Condon, McMahon, McKay, Brock, Gourlay, Busby<br /><br />Locations: - March in Cambridgeshire, Banbury in Oxfordshire, Mileham in Norfolk, Worcester, Evesham, Claines in Worcestershire, Birmingham. Dublin, Cork, Fermanagh in Ireland.  Glasgow, Stirling in Scotland

Offline Triumph

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 02 March 06 22:18 GMT (UK) »
Mo   !!!!!!  Yes I am sure you have the right  James, is it possible to get a copy of the death cert. I would be happy to reimburse you.  I have James death as Dec. 29, 1863. His son Alexander 1803-1875 married Jan. 7, 1832 to Christina Grant 1806-1877 ( her father Peter Grant) Alexander is my line.  Any chance there is a death cert. also for Alexander and maybe birth or parish records of Peter (son of Alexander) born Dec. 29, 1849. Peter is my great grandfather, he died the same day that my father was born. My father will be 94 April 2, I am going to share this information with him. Does the death cert. give place of burial?  I also have information that Alexander had a croft located or part of Mains of Auquharney and was occupied by a James Murray around 1929.  Thank's again it's the more you learn the more questions you have, THANKS  THANKS !!!!

Offline moscan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The next generation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 03 March 06 16:55 GMT (UK) »
Alexander Mutch, died August 16th 1875, aged 72 years occupation listed as Crofter, in Cruden, Aberdeen. Death registered by James Milken Neighbour.

Married to Christian Grant,

address is listed as being Woodside, Auquharney, Cruden.

Parents listed as James Mutch and Elsbeth Mitchell,

Peter Mutch born Dec 29 1844

Father Alexander Mutch
Mother Christian Grant

Frame Number 787

GROS Reference Number:  185/00003

Parish of Cruden.

some Births, All children of Alexander and Christian

Isabella Mutch  - 29.10.1846

Thomas - 31.10.1840

William - 6.4.1848

Alexander - 10.1.1834

James - 14.10.1837

Jean - 13.4.1832

Mary - 3.4.1839

Hope this adds to your tree a little

Mo
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br /><br />Researching: - Freear, Walker, Aston, Scanlan, Courtney, Lowth, O’Sulivan, McDonnell, Condon, McMahon, McKay, Brock, Gourlay, Busby<br /><br />Locations: - March in Cambridgeshire, Banbury in Oxfordshire, Mileham in Norfolk, Worcester, Evesham, Claines in Worcestershire, Birmingham. Dublin, Cork, Fermanagh in Ireland.  Glasgow, Stirling in Scotland

Offline trishmac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 18 April 06 21:58 BST (UK) »
Your James Mutch is J43 on the Mutch Surname website www.mutches.com.
Smith, Whitecross, Watson, Gibson, Thom, Jamieson, Sangster, Johnston, Reid, Robertson, Fidler, Arthur - mainly in Slains and Cruden. Park in Peterhead.
Mutch in Ellon/Belhelvie/Foveran. Robertson, Forbes in Ellon.  Shivas in Ellon/Old Deer. Allan in Old Machar. Keith, Ironside in Old Deer. McKenzie , Brownie in Skene. Watson, Milne in Monquhitter/Lonmay. Shepherd in Belhelvie/Tarves.

Offline trishmac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 18 April 06 22:54 BST (UK) »
....and have you looked at the FreeCEN Scotland website? 1841 and 1851 are available for Cruden now. There are 19 assorted Mutches at Earlseat in 1851, in 3 households. James's wife Elspet obviously died between 1841 and 1851, but he wouldn't have been lonely!

In the 1851 Census James says he was born in Logie Buchan. The IGI has James bap 29th April 1777 to William Mutch in Logie Buchan and an LDS member (tho' submitted information is often a bit dodgy and I always take it with a huge pinch of salt!) says he was born at Dorbshill to William Mutch and Janet Morrison, which would fit with Murison.

I couldn't find a marriage in the IGI between 1800-1810 for William and all combinations of Janet/Jessie Morrison/Murison, but do check and have a look on Scotlands People.

Trish
Smith, Whitecross, Watson, Gibson, Thom, Jamieson, Sangster, Johnston, Reid, Robertson, Fidler, Arthur - mainly in Slains and Cruden. Park in Peterhead.
Mutch in Ellon/Belhelvie/Foveran. Robertson, Forbes in Ellon.  Shivas in Ellon/Old Deer. Allan in Old Machar. Keith, Ironside in Old Deer. McKenzie , Brownie in Skene. Watson, Milne in Monquhitter/Lonmay. Shepherd in Belhelvie/Tarves.

Offline trishmac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 18 April 06 23:30 BST (UK) »
.....and if you put William and Janet's names into the parents section on the IGI search, you willl get several siblings for James, all born Logie Buchan.
Trish

Offline trishmac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 18 April 06 23:57 BST (UK) »
Sorry, it's me again.

William and Janet pop up on www.dmackenzie.dsl.pipex.com too, tho' I don't know how reliable the information on this site is.

Trish

Offline SliochdanTighMhoil

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 17 March 07 22:40 GMT (UK) »
Well, isn't it amazing what you can find on the internet!  I've recently been doing a little research on my wife's Mutch ancestors, and very recently we were able to confirm our descent from the very James Mutch who is the subject of this year-old discussion.

My wife is the great-granddaughter of Herbert Benjamin Riggs and Margaret Elsie Mutch (1882-1965), who was the oldest child of William Mutch (1857-1900) and Clara Sooy. William was the son of Alexander Mutch (1833-1882) and Margaret Thompson.  Alexander was the son of Alexander Mutch (1803-1875) and Christina Grant, both of whom are mentioned above in last year's discussion.  All of those generations are found in the 1929 "Genealogy of the Mutch Family."

Since I knew James Mutch lived in Earlseat, and I had found that Mains of Auquharney is not too far downstream on the Water of Cruden from Earlseat, this morning I decided to see if I could find any photographs on the internet of the area of Earlseat and Auquharney in Cruden parish.  I didn't find any photos, but I did find this very discussion.  I would like to find out more about the ancestry of James Mutch of Earlseat (1777-1863), whose parents are named on his death certificate as William Mutch and (NN) Mutch nee Murison.  If I understand correctly, James Mutch's parents could be the William Mutch and Janet Morrison found in the database at www dmackenzie dsl.pipex comwebsite not working 2014 Please contact me if you can help to supply documentation for James Mutch's ancestors.
Shaw, Linn, Anderson, Stewart (Gartnafuaran, Ardvorlich, Glenbuckie), Buchan, MacLaren, Mutch (Earlseat in Cruden parish, Woodside in Mains of Auquharney in Cruden parish, also Peterhead and Logie Buchan parishes), Grant (Cruden parish).