Author Topic: James Mutch burial or death record 1776-1863  (Read 6680 times)

Offline Triumph

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Mutch burial or death record 1776-1863
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 17 March 07 23:59 GMT (UK) »
SliochdanTighMhoil I am the one (Triumph) who started this post, I have been to Jacksonville,IL. My greatgrand father was Peter brother to your Alexander.  It has been sometime since I have worked on my line but would like to share any information I have with you.   I have looked at the damackenzie site but am not sure if it is the right  John or William and nee Miss Murison? Ken

Offline SliochdanTighMhoil

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 18 March 07 02:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ken.  It's good to meet a distant cousin through the Mutches.  Yes, it's not possible to say if that William Mutch and Janet Morrison are the parents of our James Mutch of Earlseat, but it sure does look like a tantalising possibility -- and it's a lineage that goes back to 1655.  I've sent an email to the owner of the damackenzie database to see if I can find out more.

I too would like to exchange information with you.  Please send me a private message here at the forum, and I'll give you an email address.

Jared
Shaw, Linn, Anderson, Stewart (Gartnafuaran, Ardvorlich, Glenbuckie), Buchan, MacLaren, Mutch (Earlseat in Cruden parish, Woodside in Mains of Auquharney in Cruden parish, also Peterhead and Logie Buchan parishes), Grant (Cruden parish).

Offline whiskey mac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 10 October 19 17:56 BST (UK) »
Dear All

I spotted your entries relating to the Mutch family while researching my own Taylor family.

Specifically you quote:
-------------------------------
Father Alexander Mutch
Mother Christian Grant
Frame Number 787
GROS Reference Number:  185/00003
Parish of Cruden.

There are two co-incidences with my family tree...
Great Great Grandfather is:
Name: James Taylor
b. c 1796
d. ??
Residence: Mains of Auquharney

Wife: Jane Grant
b. c 1811
d. ??

Firstly they were located on the same farm around the same time.....
Secondly my Great Great Grandmother was a "Grant" as well.

I was wondering if anyone on this thread could shed some light on my Taylor/Grant ancestory?

All the best

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 10 October 19 19:31 BST (UK) »
According to reply no. 2, Christina Grant's father was a Peter Grant. Don't know if that's of any help to you.
Regards,
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 10 October 19 20:30 BST (UK) »
Hi, have you searched online for the death certificate of James Taylor? I'd a quick look on scotlandspeople & he died in 1873.  His death was registered in Cruden parish. You can also download a copy of his will & inventory !
Apparently Jane/Jean died in 1851 so there won't be a certificate for her. James & Jean do appear in the 1841 & 1851 censuses. According to some family trees her parents were James Grant & Mary Shand. James & Mary died in the 1850's but you should be able to find them in the 1851 censuses.
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline whiskey mac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 12 October 19 12:43 BST (UK) »
Thank you all very much for those tips...