Author Topic: Turnbull / Bonchesterbrige  (Read 27049 times)

Offline E.M. Wilson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Turnbull / Bonchesterbrige
« Reply #27 on: Monday 10 December 18 02:53 GMT (UK) »
Exactly what I thought.  You have ougatz, goose eggs, nada, zilch.

You have no proof and you need my cousin to take the Y-DNA test.
I'm glad you admit it.

You have better things to do? Really?  Why were you looking up my Aunt Marjorie? Were
you looking up Doris and Freda too? Don't answer me because I really don't care.  Whatever
you're trying to accomplish with your kaput geneological research, I guarantee it's not going to happen for you.

Sure. You don't have anything better to do.

Offline BrettMaximus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 10 December 18 02:57 GMT (UK) »
No, wasn't looking them up...  A relative of Gordon Cummins the "Blackout Ripper" approached me via Ancestry...   "Peter Wood", I gave him your contact details but he said you never replied to him.

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 10 December 18 03:02 GMT (UK) »
Is this his death?:

1903 12848 WILSON Walt parents Wilson Walt and Wmina (Riddings), aged 80

Yes, it is if he married Jane Bryden. His death notice, 2nd column:

http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article199641961

Funeral notice, 3rd column: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article199641972

Obit, 5th column: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article10575448

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline E.M. Wilson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 10 December 18 03:05 GMT (UK) »
The only possible Walter Wilson that is recorded on Scotland's People that fits in with Walter Wilson's life span is the one born in 1859 and he died at age 9.  And that would have meant that his alleged father, died when he was three years old in 1862. 

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 10 December 18 03:06 GMT (UK) »
Brett you said:

The 1st was my GG Grandfather Wlater Wilson who emigrated to Australia, the Second was a Jessie/Janet Wilson when he was married to a Jessie/Janet Gray, the 3rd was around 1840 another male child who emigrated to New Zealand.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline E.M. Wilson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 10 December 18 03:11 GMT (UK) »
Peter Wood never contacted me. 

If this is true, then give me Peter Wood's contact information.  You can email it to me, you know my email.

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 10 December 18 03:45 GMT (UK) »
He here in June 1853, 3rd column: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article4793225

If he sailed in 1852, you should find him on the Scots 1841 and 1851 censuses.

Jamjar

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 10 December 18 03:50 GMT (UK) »
Chaps in the diary mentioned here, bottom 2nd last column:

http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article4793047

Jamjar

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 10 December 18 04:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi E.M.,

I think that you may not be aware that you are in a public forum, readily found via google and read without any need to log in.   

Seriously, where is their marriage certificate? 
It's not on Scotland's People in the Statutory Registers or the Old Parish Records. They weren't Quakers so they're not to be found in the Quaker records.

Where is your Great, Great Grandfather's name on the passenger list traveling from Scotland to Australia? It's not there, I've already checked. No Walter Wilson was listed as a passenger on the Diadem to Australia. But, it just doesn't matter because...there is no marriage certificate.

I took you at your word when you said you were related to my family. I didn't ask for proof, I just believed you.  This is your opportunity to be a person of your word and deliver real proof, like a marriage certificate of my Walter Wilson b. 1798 and Wilhemina Bell.

As stated earlier, Wilhemina  Bell is not on the hand-drawn family tree of the late 1800's. There is a big X after Walter and Jessie Grey. So, does this mean that your baptism record shows a child born out of wedlock or that you are confused with another Walter Wilson, Cabinet Maker from Hawick? So, either the child was a bastard or you are again in the wrong Wilson family mistaking one Cabinet Maker for another. Which way is it?

You spent all this time and money researching and you didn't hire a professional geneologist before you claimed to be related to James Wilson, Economist? I figured out that you weren't related relatively quickly and without spending any money. A professional geneologist would come to the same conclusion that I have come to, you are not related to Walter Wilson b. 1798 who was the son of Walter Wilson b. 1770 who was the son of Walter Wilson b. 1712 “Handless Wat” who was the son of John Wilson. Most importantly, you are not related to James Wilson, Economist and Founder of Standard Charted Bank.

Also,  :)  I am sure you will agree that Family history is not ever an exact science, and whether the researcher is a professional genealogist or has conducted their own research using their own resources makes no difference when searching for passenger lists into any of the British Colonies, particularly in the 1800s.     

May I please suggest that you consider that in Australia most family history buffs as well as professional genealogists avoid mis-spelling the profession, as it reflects poorly on the speller rather than on the person they are attempting to dis-credit...

JM

Exactly what I thought.  You have ougatz, goose eggs, nada, zilch.

You have no proof and you need my cousin to take the Y-DNA test.
I'm glad you admit it.

You have better things to do? Really?  Why were you looking up my Aunt Marjorie? Were
you looking up Doris and Freda too? Don't answer me because I really don't care.  Whatever
you're trying to accomplish with your kaput geneological research, I guarantee it's not going to happen for you.

Sure. You don't have anything better to do.

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.