Author Topic: Fraser  (Read 3629 times)

Offline Rae Honey

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Fraser
« on: Friday 20 January 06 15:12 GMT (UK) »
I am searching for an Isabella Fraser and her sister Catherine Fraser in the Inverurie/Aberdeen areas.  Isabella is mentioned in her nephew's birth record as living in 40 North Street, Inverurie in 1892.  (Catherine had returned to Scotland from China to give birth to Albert Fraser-Betts). 

I am hoping to receive information from the GRO on Catherine's marriage, but as this took place in China, it may take a while, if any information still exists - most of the British records were destroyed during the Boxer Revolution in China!

So I am hoping to find more info through Isabella.

If you can help me, I'd be very grateful!!

Offline UglyDuckling

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Fraser
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 December 06 13:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I think I have some information about your line of Frasers

I have been searching (unsuccessfully) for my GGG Grandmother Agnes Will Fraser and ended up looking at all the possible Agnes Frasers in Aberdeenshire - which led me to your family.

Isabella and Catherine's parents were Thomas Fraser and Agnes Cran who married 1 Nov 1840. Thomas was an agricultural labourer who died tragically in 1860 when the sides of a well collapsed on him. Agnes was a grocer and she is listed with her 7 children in the 1861 census in Inverurie. The informant to her death in 1911 was her son-in-law F (or T?) Betts which seems to tie in with what you already know.

Catherine and Isabella's older sister, Agnes Innes Fraser, is not my GGG Grandmother as far as I can tell. However by a bizarre coincidence, she married Robert Greig, a baker, who worked alongside my GGG Grandfather, William Murray!  I did wonder if the workmates were involved with the same girl, but it doesn't quite add up.  My GGG Grandparents were not married and my Agnes disappears without trace after the birth of her daughter.

I have a few records which I'll happily pass on to you. I'll PM you with details.

Cheers
Gary

Murray, Marshall, Baxter, Swan

Offline ethomsen

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 15 May 11 01:34 BST (UK) »
I know that this message is several years old, but if you're still around, thanks for this!  Agnes Innes (Fraser) Greig was my GG grandmother through her daughter Agnes Fraser (Greig) Ross.  I've been having trouble sorting through all the Frasers, and would welcome any information anyone else has.  I have a couple of photographs of her daughter, my G grandmother if anyone is interested.

Offline Kilbowie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 15 February 17 17:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,
I realise this message is also a bit late but hope that i still reaches all.
Thomas Fraser was my GGG Grandfather. I am related through his daughter Agnes Innes Fraser.
Today, I found a press cutting which reports on the tragic accident surrounding his death.
I will happily pass this on to whoever wants it.

David

Offline Kilbowie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 15 February 17 18:30 GMT (UK) »
Hello there,
As I recently mentioned. I have details on the death of Thomas Fraser if you would like me to pass on to you.
Could i take you up on your offer of a copy of the pic of your G Grandmother Agnes Fraser (Greig) Ross.
Somewhere I have a pic of Robert Valdar Greig which I can pass on to you assuming I can find it!

Kind regards

David

Offline Helen21

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 22 January 20 11:07 GMT (UK) »
Somewhere I have a pic of Robert Valdar Greig which I can pass on to you assuming I can find it!

Once again I'm late to the party.

If you managed to find your photo would I be able to have a copy please? Robert Valder Greig was my husband's great-great grandfather via his son Robert Greig (b 1864 in Inverurie) and his 3rd wife, Mary Jane Thomson. 

thank you
Helen
Caithness-Harper, Houston/Ogston (Wick & Canisbay)
Isle of Lewis-MacDonald, MacLeod, Stewart (all Swordale & Bayble)
Morayshire-McLennan, Roy (Drainie)
Banffshire-Fraser (Gamrie & Marnoch)  Thomson (Marnoch) Wilson (Portsoy) Greig (Macduff)
Aberdeenshire-Allan (Monymusk & Forgue) Copland (Chapel of Garioch & Forgue) Henderson & Tough (Premnay) Greig (Inverurie)
West Lothian-Johnston & Kirkwood (Bo'ness)
Stirlingshire-Johnston & Shanks (Slamannan) Boyd (Kilsyth & Airdrie)