Author Topic: Mary Ann Davis  (Read 2924 times)

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
Mary Ann Davis
« on: Saturday 18 September 04 20:46 BST (UK) »
Mary Ann Davis was born in Abergavenny about 1850. I have 3 possible candidates - Mar 1849 Vol. 26/P49 - Jun 1849 26/59 - Mar 1852 11a/50.
I have no way of distinguishing between these but my Mary Ann married Thomas Southern about 1868. They then lived at English Bicknor and raised 4 children - easily found in the 1881 census and again in 1891.
Can any kind soul find the marriage record of Mary and Thomas?
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann Davis
« Reply #1 on: Friday 12 November 04 23:29 GMT (UK) »
Adding to my previous post it is possible that the groom was married under the surname Southan instead of Southern.
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MonFamilies

• I have turned off my Noifications
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 08 February 05 02:08 GMT (UK) »
You need the marriage certificate if you have 3 possible candidates and all 3 could be born outside of Abergavenny parish.
mon families

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 08 February 05 09:05 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for that. I am perhaps narrowing this down a bit. Will make another posting shortly.