Author Topic: surname: Barfoot  (Read 3701 times)

Offline pbarfoot

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
surname: Barfoot
« on: Thursday 15 January 04 13:31 GMT (UK) »
Interested in any information about the Barfoot family of Hampshire and Dorset.

Paul Barfoot
Syracuse, NY USA

Offline Black Sheep

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re:surname: Barfoot
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 26 February 04 22:09 GMT (UK) »
Dear Paul,

If you check the 1881 census you will find that there were 900 people called Barfoot in 1881 the majority of live in Hampshire over 200 and 64 live in Dorset.

In Hampshire 94 live in South Stoneham with large numbers living north in Winchester and to the west in Wimborne, Dorset.

If you can give us first names and Dates we may be able to add to your information.

Sarah
Robinson, Roberts, Roles, Griffiths, Walton, Royle, Chorlton,
Mott, Jones, Greenway, Morris, Bates, Mackay, Colley, Wagstaffe, Rickwood, Winston, Sockett, Bates, Haylock, Winston, Cleminson, Goodwin, Sockett, Bevan, Williams, Bell, Johnson and Dearson.

Offline Jason Hotchkiss

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 23 March 04 16:57 GMT (UK) »
My GG grandfather's sister Jane HAYTER (B1848 Eling, Hampshire - nr. Southampton) married George BARFOOT (B1846 Eling) children Daniel (1872) George (1874) Clara (1877) William (1882) Henry (1884) Cecil (1886) all born around Southampton.
If you think there might be any connection I have other information about the HAYTERS.

Offline Joan McA

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 27 March 04 17:21 GMT (UK) »
I have Barfoot ancestors from Hampshire.  Richard Smith has done a lot of research on Hampshire Barfoots and you can find his site here:

www.ancient.beasts.org/barfoot/

I couldn't find a George born 1846 but Daniel is certainly a family name.

If you look at the site, my connection is through Daniel Barfoot born in 1819 Bishops Waltham.

Good luck!

Joan