Author Topic: Dunmore  (Read 18274 times)

Offline BREEN

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Dunmore
« on: Monday 23 January 06 10:46 GMT (UK) »
Reading an old certificate is it louth lodge or south lodge Dunmore.Any help please. Thanx
LYONS @ HENAGHANS  DUNMORE GALWAY
BYRNES @ CONWAYS CARLOW,
Glover Taylor Timmis Staffordshire

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Dunmore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 09 January 07 10:27 GMT (UK) »
Reading an old certificate is it louth lodge or south lodge Dunmore.Any help please. Thanx

Hiya Breen,

Could you post the certificate onto this thread so that members may have a look, please?

Would I be right in assuming the Lodge was a house?

Chris.

Offline dunmorechris

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 January 10 18:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

it is Louth Lodge, but on official documents it is Lissybroder.

Chris

Offline BREEN

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 02 January 10 13:10 GMT (UK) »
HI FOLKS

You are correct it is  Louth Lodge .My Grand mother  Sabina Henahan was born in Louth Lodge Dunmore in  May 1864  to a Patrick Henahan and a Mary Lyons. She married James Lyons and died in Castle Street Dunmore in March 1893 giving birth to my late Dad Patrick Lyons. I'm still a little puzzled was Louth Lodge a row of cottages?

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Breen
BYRNES @ CONWAYS CARLOW,

Offline dunmorechris

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 02 January 10 19:57 GMT (UK) »
HI Breen,

I have never heard of there being a row of cottages in Louth Lodge. However there was an Augistinian Hermitage at Mayfield or Louth Lodge, which is about half a mile outside the town. There is a mention of the history of Louth Lodge in Fr J Neary's "On the History and Antiquities of the Parish of Dunmore" on page 99. Link to the book is attched.

http://www.archive.org/stream/OnTheHistoryAndAntiquitiesOfTheParishOfDunmoreByRev.J.Neary#page/n7/mode/2up

Offline BREEN

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 03 January 10 11:45 GMT (UK) »
HI
I cant tell you how grateful I am for your last post.I have been searching for information on Louth Lodge since 1971.I have searched the web and visited Dunmore on a number of occasions withot getting anywhere.Thanks once again for your help. Another part of the puzzle found.The moral is never give up.

Thanks
BYRNES @ CONWAYS CARLOW,

Offline BridgettaB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 18 January 10 22:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

In my family tree, I have the Heneghans of Louth Lodge too.  My great grandmother was Bridget Heneghan whose brother was Patrick Heneghan and her mother was Sabina Heneghan who was age 75 on the 1911 Census.  My mother has pointed out the house to me that her grandmother came from which I assume is Louth Lodge, its a lovely detached two storey house (derelict now) but still standing on the Clonbern Road, as far as I can remember its on th first sharp left bend when you leave Dunmore.  If you want to look on http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie check Sabina Heneghan, Quarter (Dunmore South, Galway).  Let me know, if we are on the same Heneghan household.

Offline dunmorechris

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 22 January 10 22:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brigetta,

I know the house you speak of very well. It is derelict now, and is on that sharp bend. I will take a photo of it sometime for you.

On your ancestory, I have located the following Heneghans in Lissybroder (which is the documentary name for Louth Lodge; Quarter is the neighbouring townland).
These are baptisimal records from the Catholic Parish of Dunmore, records are on microfiche in the National Laibrary of Ireland in Dublin.

July 29 1838 Brigit Heneghan, parents Denis & Mary (Mullin)
Apr 28 1838 Mary Heneghan, parents James & Brigit (Lyons)
Jan 18 1834 Peter Heneghan, parents Thomas & Brigit (Lyons)
(Townland for this last record I think is Lissybroder, but is very smudged, almost unreadable).

I hope this may be of value to you.

Chris

Offline Mheneghan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 19 February 10 21:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

In my family tree, I have the Heneghans of Louth Lodge too.  My great grandmother was Bridget Heneghan whose brother was Patrick Heneghan and her mother was Sabina Heneghan who was age 75 on the 1911 Census.  My mother has pointed out the house to me that her grandmother came from which I assume is Louth Lodge, its a lovely detached two storey house (derelict now) but still standing on the Clonbern Road, as far as I can remember its on th first sharp left bend when you leave Dunmore.  If you want to look on http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie check Sabina Heneghan, Quarter (Dunmore South, Galway).  Let me know, if we are on the same Heneghan household.
Hello My name is Martin Heneghan and my father Denis was born in Loud Lodge in Dunmore.His Mother was Bridget Heneghan nee Mannion,she was my grandmother.
She was married to Patrick Heneghan originally from Partry co Mayo.
I have a photograph of her which i would be able to scan and sent to you.
My father was not born in the House that you see today,that was constructed in the 1930.there was a little cottage type house which has since been knocked which was to the right of the house close to the bend in the road that you had mentioned that he was born in.
Who is your mother,if Bridget is her grandmother,then i am sure that i know you.
Sabina Heneghan would be your great great grandmother and was originally from Partry,Co Mayo.
Please get in contact with me if you require more information
Thanks

Martin