Author Topic: Corner surname  (Read 2356 times)

Offline weststigers

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Corner surname
« on: Tuesday 24 January 06 04:09 GMT (UK) »
I am searching for any info regarding my ggg grandparents:

Edmund CORNER b. 29 November 1807 married Teresa BYRNE 14 August 1828 St Cuthbert's, Edinburgh and died 11 January 1839.

Children:

Anne b. 6.05.1830 d before 1836
Edward Craig b. 15.10.1832 d in Australia
Drummond b. 4.11.1836 d 3.04.1837
unknown daughter b 25.12.1837.

Edmund was employed with a printing press for nearly 16 years in Edinburgh.  His address was 13 Morrison Street.  He was stationed at St Andrews, Grove, Jamaica as a missionary.  After Edmund's death Teresa returned to England and took in the younger boys attending Re A Phillip's boarding school in the Isle of Man in return for which Edward was accepted as a day-scholar.  I have confirmed Edward was a student at King William College.

Most of this information has come from papers held at the University of Birmingham, Special Collections at Edgbaston.  Due to the high cost of purchasing the microfilm a very kind lady has given me this information direct from the diaries.  I am looking for information on Edmund's parents.  His mother remarried as there are letters to his mother enquiring on his stepfather's health.  I cannot find any records for births or deaths of the other children only Edward.  I have purchased his christening record and funnily enough he was christened Edward Craig Corner by the Reverend Edward Craig, Minister of St James Episcopal Chapel Broughton Place.

Any help would be most appreciated as it took me 2 years to find Edmund and hopefully it won't take as long to find his parents.

Regards
Leanne Aquilina (nee Corner)
Penrith
New South Wales
Australia