Author Topic: 1841/51/61 Census - Woolwich area MITCHELL please  (Read 4617 times)

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1841/51/61 Census - Woolwich area MITCHELL please
« Reply #9 on: Monday 18 February 08 08:29 GMT (UK) »
This would appear to be the family later:

1851 - Greenwich Rd, Charlton, Kent

Christopher MITCHELL hear mar 47 labourer (can't quite read the rest of the occupation) b.Camberwell Surrey
Caroline wife 43 b.Camberwell Surrey
Harriett dau 19 b.Camberwell Surrey
John son 16 blacksmith's apprentice b.Camberwell Surrey
Caroline dau 12 b.Greenwich Kent
Matilda dau 2 b.Charlton Kent

HO107/1590 folio 36 page 14

If you do a parent search on the IGI http://www.familysearch.org - filling in no details other than regions (British Isles) and parents Christopher MITCHELL and Caroline you will get a number of children up which would appear to belong to this family ;)

I haven't spotted them in 1861 yet.

Casalguidi :)
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Chris_sh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 13 February 11 23:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I realise I'm a bit late to this party (to say the least), but I was interested to see a mention for Christopher and Caroline Mitchell.

If it's on any interest, I believe Caroline (formerly a Digby) died on 31 Mar 1852 from convulsions (epilepsy) and Christopher died on 22 Oct 1853 from being smothered in a sandpit.

I haven't had much chance to do work on the children with the exception of Matilda who married a fisherman called George Robert Dench and they moved to Grimsby.

Because of the time gap, I would guess that you already have all of that anyway.

Cheers

Chris
Sharman, Towle, Toel, Dench, Dickenson, Packer

Offline ricksmith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 23 December 19 04:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I realise I'm a bit late to this party (to say the least), but I was interested to see a mention for Christopher and Caroline Mitchell.

If it's on any interest, I believe Caroline (formerly a Digby) died on 31 Mar 1852 from convulsions (epilepsy) and Christopher died on 22 Oct 1853 from being smothered in a sandpit.

I haven't had much chance to do work on the children with the exception of Matilda who married a fisherman called George Robert Dench and they moved to Grimsby.

Because of the time gap, I would guess that you already have all of that anyway.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,

Been a very long time since I logged in but I'm still interested in the MITCHELLs.  Have a bit more information to work on.
SMITH - Tasmania, AUS, LEVETT - Sussex, ENG, CHRISTIE - Scotland, ELLIS - Lincolnshire, ENG, HARDMAN - Tasmania, AUS, (de) BOMFORD - Tasmania, Australia, Ireland and England, RICHARDSON - Ireland & Tasmania, AUS, DENNIS - Cornwall, ENG & Victoria, AUS, DEASON - Cornwall, ENG & Victoria, AUS, KERRISON - Norfolk, ENG & Tasmania, AUS, McIVER/McIVOR Scotland and Tasmania, AUS, TOBIN - Ireland, Victoria and Tasmaina, AUS